Anyone use Prothane Motor and Transmission mounts?

• Sponsors (?)

Awsome! I have both. Didn't feel like springing the extra $$$ for the Energy Suspension ones, the guy I ordered them from at Summit Racing told me I'd be an idiot to because the Prothane ones are just as good, only way cheaper. I noticed an immediate difference in the ease I had shifting my TKO, and even throttle response felt better... although I may have been imagining that last bit. They are very nice looking pieces right out of the box though, you won't be disappointed with them. I've had mine in over a year, and they're still great. Very tight without feeling harsh. Highly recommended :nice:

Yes, they are good. However, you'll have to decide what you're looking for. Right now I have these mounts in, but previously I had solid steel mounts. I loved the feel and response of the solid mounts, best ever! Disadvantage to the solid mounts is that they are very noisy, as the engine vibration is directly transferred to the frame. The Prothane mounts hold and feel far superiour to stock, but can't compare to the feel of solid mounts. I'm really debating on switching back. It'll kind of depend on how much road use I put my Stang to...

We replaced my friends motor and trans mounts on a 88 lx. The engine is much higher now, to the point to rubs on the hood insulation, and on the transmount, the holes did not properly line up, so we had to elongate them on the mount. Other than that I would say they work great. You can check the new mounting holes by comparing them to the OE mount.

i just put the prothane motor mounts in and since i have no insurance on the car right now, i can't drive it. BAAAAAAAAAA. But as far as i could see, my motor used to shake a bit in the engine bay, not anymore.