Anyone used the FORD safety bellhousing?

• Sponsors (?)

I am using one on my Mustang. It is made for Ford Racing by Mcleoud and it is a SFI approved peice. I understand with this unit you don't have to check for run-out like you would on a Lakewood steel belhousing either. And it costs less too!

My Tremec bolted up to it and works good with no problems!

Yes the FRPP bell is made by McLeod, nice piece...

However, from lots of expierence I can tell you the only bell I use currently is the Quicktime piece, you can bolt any trans to it (T5 or Tremec), it is lighter and smaller and much easier to get around with large headers, power adders and a joy to remove in the car.

RM-6065 is the part number, they have went up a fair bit in the past year though and are over $550....worth every penny.

Yes the FRPP bell is made by McLeod, nice piece...

However, from lots of epierence I can tell you the only bell I use currently is the Quicktime piece, you can bolt and trans to it, it is lighter and smaller and much easier to get around with large headers, power adders and a joy to remove in the car.

RM-6065 is the part number, they have went up a fair bit in the past year though and are over $550....worth every penny.

I'll add to Ricks comment about header clearance too, on my FR bellhousing the clearance between my long tubes and the bellhousing is pretty tight! I should have mentioned it earlier. To remove the bellhousing, w/ long tubes, one of the headers has to be removed to drop the bellhousing if you ever need to do a clutch replacement.