Anyone using a MAC or C&L MAF on a 94-95 cobra?

I just got a great deal on a MAC Maf and I couldn't pass it up. I know what you are probably thinking, MAC performance makes MAF's?! With this unit you reuse your stock electronics just like the C&L MAF. I know it will do nothing for me performance wise right now but I will be adding heads and a cam in the near future. My question is, will I be able to use this new maf with my CAI without throwing off my A/F ratio and making me run lean or should I get a pro-m/pmas or summit maf tuned for a CAI and sell this MAC unit? Anyone have experience with a C&L or MAC MAF on their 94-95 stang or cobra? If so how does your car run with it on?

• Sponsors (?)

You may also want to try the "5.0 Tech" and "94-95" sub forums over in the 5.0 Mustang section (there's a lot more 5.0 specific tech info in that section, sorry - not very many 94/95 cobra tech related stuff in our humble SVT are of the board).

Try running a search as well....might be able to dig up an old thread.

G'luck. :cheers:

I had a C&L on my Cobra and just went to a PMAS meter because I wanted it calibrated for a supercharger and 30's. I know that the C&L worked really well with my N/A combo and probably worked fine with the SC but I had great results with a Pro M meter and similar engine combination on my old car and just tried to duplicate it as best as possible.

I returned it for a PMAS 75mm unit because the MAC unit didn't even have a flange to install it on my CAI. It looked like it was for an 87-93 stang. This is the last time I even consider buying a MAC product. I have had nothing but problems with everything I've gotten from them except the u/d pullies, which is hard to mess up. It just seems like they don't think things through enough when they design a product. Oh yeah, don't buy from C.U.N.D.N racing. Poor customer service, 25% restock fee (No matter what), even though they claimed it would fit aftermarket CAI's and didn't. It's been almost a month since I bought that MAF and returned it and still no refund.