ANYONE USING A SCT TUNER CHIP FOR A9L COMPUTER

1FOX2NV

Jan 16, 2009
Bagdad,Az
looking for feedback on sct tuner i have a 88 coupe,331,afr185s,tko500,trick flow-r,4.30s,80mm mass air w/30lbs inj. car weighs 2750 without driver sct says they can tune chip inhouse with my specs over the phone, i like the idea of having 4 tunes available because car has NOS but have not used it yet, 4.30s to deep a gear already in the rev limiter at the traps this is my main concern for chip i would like to shift at 6500-6700 it has probe shaft mount rockers with good valve springs good to 8000 but wont rev over 6700 on the dyno car made power all the way 6200. at sea level car made 420 at the wheels with stock rev limiter i feel im sacrificing hp.thanks any feedback would be appreciated. here are some pics and my last run oh yeah this is the cars fastest run to date fighting traction issues (hear is video)
331COUPE on Vimeo
1229081246a.jpg

1216081034a.jpg

1mustang.jpg

thanks mike:D

Attachments

• 1229081246a.jpg
    1229081246a.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 1216081034a.jpg
    1216081034a.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 1mustang.jpg
    1mustang.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 202
  • Sponsors (?)

car looks awesome man, i like the color alot.

as for the tuner, i myself havent used SCT tuning stuff, but i have always heard its a good setup.

its cool they can set it up for you over the phone and i bet it would get fairly close.
but every car is just a little different and the only sure-fire way to get the tune "dialed in perfect" is to actually tune to the specific car, with a way to datalog and a WBo2 it makes the whole process fairly simple and straight fowards. and quick and efficient way is to get the car on a dyno.

if it were me i would try to find a good pro-tuner that has a dyno, AFAIK alot of tuners use SCT and they can probably hook you up with the SCT setup and the flip chip and even tune the car for you.

and i would be leary turning the engine that high, i doubt you would have a problem, your making quite a bit of power, definatly getting close to what some consider the limits of a stock block, turning higher rpms only makes the situation worse. i doubt you would have a problem but just something to think about.

Hello from the 94-95 side of the tracks :D

I don't understand :scratch:

I thought the almighty A9L needed ... NO Tune :rolleyes:

Honestly ... I know nothing about tuning a Fox
but
I just had to tell you ..........

I love how your Fox Notch looks in the pic :banana:

I've always had a soft spot for Nasty Lookin Coupes ;)

Good Luck with your quest to tune that Bad Boy :nice:

Grady

looking for feedback on sct tuner i have a 88 coupe,331,afr185s,tko500,trick flow-r,4.30s,80mm mass air w/30lbs inj. car weighs 2750 without driver sct says they can tune chip inhouse with my specs over the phone, i like the idea of having 4 tunes available because car has NOS but have not used it yet, 4.30s to deep a gear already in the rev limiter at the traps this is my main concern for chip i would like to shift at 6500-6700 it has probe shaft mount rockers with good valve springs good to 8000 but wont rev over 6700 on the dyno car made power all the way 6200. at sea level car made 420 at the wheels with stock rev limiter i feel im sacrificing hp.thanks any feedback would be appreciated. here are some pics and my last run oh yeah this is the cars fastest run to date fighting traction issues (hear is video)
331COUPE on Vimeo
1229081246a.jpg

1216081034a.jpg

1mustang.jpg

thanks mike:D

wow that is light what is done for suspenion and what all did you take out? i know alot of people running sct stuff infact a friend of mine has one the the sct chips that he orderd over the phone and works great in his 347 with a 175 shot

Attachments

• 1229081246a.jpg
    1229081246a.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 1216081034a.jpg
    1216081034a.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 1mustang.jpg
    1mustang.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 230
car has been striped of all creature comforts all a/c with heater box,all cruise contol,wipers,all sound detoning,radio,speakers,all the seats,has light weight racing seat which are very uncomfortable,has upr k member with coil overs in front with a manual rack.any thing car didnt need to run was taken out
thank you for your input

I would look for a shop to do it professionally, otherwise you still will not be achieving full power. They can get something close and on the really really safe side over the phone, but doing it professionally you will be able to see exaclty what everything on the car is doing and how it is responding and they can adjust everything accordinlgy. I don't know what price range you are in but our tuner does the dyno tuning and sct chip for $600. Thats not bad considering the SCT-4 chip alone is what $300?

My mail order tune cost me over 20hp compared to no tune at all. Very similar combo to yours. I hooked a tweecer up and found that for some reason my ICT's were reading double and thus pulling all my timing. There's no way for a mail order tune to accomodate something like that