anyone using bbk lowering springs?

cb18201

Oct 25, 2003
CT
i wanna get this package from brothers performance that comes with kyb shocks and struts, bbk lowering springs (progressive or specific....which ones should i get?) and all the poly bushings i need to complete the job of lowering my car. this is the kit http://www.brothersperformance.com/shop/mustang/kt028.html

i just wanna see some pics of cars with them first, i have heard i should get the progressive rate springs also. what is the difference? so anyone who has these can you please post a pic, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I can't answer all your questions, but here's a couple I can due to my recent research on this same topic:

1. A set of springs/shocks/struts in a package are usually a good bet, as the spring rates should match the rest of the package.

2. Progressive rate is more pleasing than specific rate, if you looking for daily driver comfort. However, this can be debated IF your total package doesn't work well together.

3. Eibach ProKits are proven to be good and do not sag over time. Also, they have slightly higher spring rates than stock, so the ride should be nice with new shocks/struts.

Note: my info on this resulted from tons of researching which eventually led me to what I already knew was a great combination: Maximum Motorsports Road & Track Kit. I'm getting most of the kit next week (H&R race springs, Bilsteins, new bushings, etc.) and will get the rest by end of summer. I haven't seen a lot of info specifically about BBK springs, but I do know that the biggest difference will come from quality struts/shocks.

Good luck.

I ran the BBK springs in my car for years, and dont have any complaints. They ride just the same as my fathers 02 Saleen, with the Saleen springs, and any other Mustang ive been in. I am not 100% sure which spring i recieved, because my car dropped roughly 2" with the addition of the BBK specific rate springs, on stock shocks.

I would recomend replacement struts/shocks if yours are the original ones.

i cant really suggest anything, because ive only ran he BBK specific rate springs.
They worked just fine for me, and there are bumpy roads around here.
Never once had a problem with bottoming out, and i had longtubes.

Specific rate springs are basically a solid spring rate through the suspensions travel.
The car hits a bump, and as the spring compresses, the rate stays the same.. therefore its pobably a smoother hit, when u do hit a bump, or pothole.

A progressive rate spring, as it compresses, gets firmer the more it compresses.
So when you hit a pothole, a large one, you might feel more of a hit then you would with specific rate springs. I suppose the real benifit would be, they dont bottom out as easy as a specific rate spring might. But then agian, in my heavy convertible. i didnt have problems with te chassis bottoming out.

For a daily driver go with the progressive rated springs. In addition, get the whole package, ie, springs, shocks, struts like you mentioned. I haven't seen pictures of Mustangs with the BBK springs but 'Oink' said 2" on a vert. So, I would guess a Coupe would be a little less drop because of the weight difference.

well i have bbk specific rate springs with 02 gt stock shocks/struts. it rides a lil rough but i think it looks great. im used to the ride but everyone else that rides in it is like "ur car breaking?" so i think if i you upgrade your shocks/struts too then you should be pretty decent off. mine dropped about 1.5"-1.75" from stock

mine.JPG

stance.JPG

nah, i still take turns like an idiot before and after and slide out all the time :) . in the back i have my spare/jack, about a 30lb sub w/ amp and about 30-40lbs of tools too. i didnt think about taking any of it out but the tools arent always in there but it will hopefully look better once i take out the spare/jack and and put the wheel spacers on tomorrow :)

when i do my wheel spacers tomorrow, ill take out as much weight as possible in the back and take another pic. it does kinda look like it but not by too too much :)