anyone who has removed, or swapped to a t-5, help please

Mar 31, 2005
how many dowel pins and how many bolts connect the bellhousing to the transmission, and how many dowel pins and bolts connect the bell to the block plate?, and also, how many dowel pins and bolts connect the block plate to the block? im doing the t-5 swap in 1 week FINALLY!!!! but im just ordering all new hardware so i dont have to fuss with the used ones, all parts (i.e. bell, trans block plate) arent in yet so i cant just count the old ones, but i need to order the hardware sooner than if i were to wait. also, any other tips on clutch installation, and the swap in general are much appreciated, thanks, Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

Green 94 5.0 said:
there are no dowel pins and 4 bolts between the tranny and the bellhousing. there are 2 dowel pins and 6 bolts between the bellhousing and block. there are also 2 bolts that hold the dust shield to the bellhousing.

Given long tubes, it is necessary to seperate the T5 from the bellhousing before dropping the transmission...correct?

well thats good, atleast i wont feel like i missed out on a good opportunity now. i ended up getting a lot of my parts from 5 0 resto.. they're a good place to deal with i found out. just to let someone around here know... i ordered a set of ford (yup the real ones:D ) 03 cobra rims. i just ended up getting steeda quad. and adjuster, beefed up clutch fork, new flywheel, KC clutch, random parts. in a few days im getting a rebuilt t-5 with steel bearing retainer, and high alloy gear set for around a grand. and when i do that im gonna pick up the used parts from a guy in tennessee. he also seems real reasonable to deal with, im just a little worried since all of the parts are out of a wreck.. i hope the last owner wasnt a complete ass to his car. last, my friend is giving me his pro 5-0 shifter since he put in a tremec its no good to him. oh ya, soon comes the BFG's (only 255's all around) looks like ill hafta wait on the intake, 3.73's, tint, eibach pros, cobra r hood, and tint for another few weeks... oh well, it should be lots of fun!!! any recommendations for an intake if im keeping the stock heads for at least a couple more years?? whoever's interested... gt-40, cobra, trickflow, or eddie?

the trick flow street intake def drops at 5500 though right, so if i ever wanted to add heads and a cam later, this would be a poor choice. would it be better to buy the cobra, or eddie, or would the trick flow track heat be overkill, i like the natural bare finish on that intake...