Anyone with a Merkur?

pyroman

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2002
Ennis, Texas
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the talk section or the technical section because last time I posted something in the tech section I was shunned. I am normally a regular in the classic mustang board, but I have recently bought an 89 Merkur XR4Ti and since in shares alot of things with the TC, including the engine and I think the rear end and noticed this board for the first time and I was curious.

-Emile

• Sponsors (?)

pyroman said:
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the talk section or the technical section because last time I posted something in the tech section I was shunned. I am normally a regular in the classic mustang board, but I have recently bought an 89 Merkur XR4Ti and since in shares alot of things with the TC, including the engine and I think the rear end and noticed this board for the first time and I was curious.

-Emile

So whats your question? you posted in the right place so far. If it is a technical question or information then it can go in the turbo section.
The rear end should be a IRS (better handling), unless someone swaped one.
Stick around, you will learn lots!
First off do a tune up.
Second, show pictures of the beast!
third, enjoy the car, but dont beat it.

TurboFlush said:
So whats your question? you posted in the right place so far. If it is a technical question or information then it can go in the turbo section.
The rear end should be a IRS (better handling), unless someone swaped one.
Stick around, you will learn lots!
First off do a tune up.
Second, show pictures of the beast!
third, enjoy the car, but dont beat it.

My question was if anyone had a merkur. I'm not sure if I specified that the merkur was and Xr4 or not but it is. Here are some pictures of it on cardomain. I'm member of MCA (merkur club of america) forum so most of my technical post go there, but there are so few members I'll probably end up asking alot of questions here.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/662035

cool, I dont have a merkur, but I do have the big brothers to them.
Essentially the same thing.

why the O2 sensor sticking out of the hood?

what shocks did they come with? I know the SVO's came with Konis but I am not sure about the merks.

O2 sensor on the hood :D Well I just replaced it and I was showing off the old one to some of the guys on MCA, I'm having problems getting it to pass the emissions test. (It looks as if I'm going to need a new cat :( ) I only have those pictures on cardomain because I needed a place to host it. Oh and the car does have konis on it.

Any other questions feel free to ask. I'm also in the near future going rip an intercooler out of the TC.