Anyone with Fiore quadrant/firewall adjuster....got a question...

VIPERn94Five-0

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
Poughkeepsie, NY
I've been running the Fiore setup for a few years now and just yesterday my clutch cable bit the dust...

Now if i remember correctly Fiore always recommended the stock OEM self adjusting cable...am i right in remembering this??....

if im not, what did they recommend???

and either way...is there anywhere online thats got em cheaper than the dealers??

• Sponsors (?)

An OEM clutch cable is definitely the way to go. If you're using a Fiore then it's not self-adjusting. The self-adjusting mechanism was part of the plastic (and toothed) cable quadrant.

Maximum Motorsports sells modified OEM cables (to work with aftermarket FWAs). --or-- you can modify an OEM cable yourself.

Maximum's site also has a writeup that explains why the OEM cables are superior to the aftermarket.

Here's the link: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=tech_drivetrn_clutch_quadrant_cable

An OEM clutch cable is definitely the way to go. If you're using a Fiore then it's not self-adjusting. The self-adjusting mechanism was part of the plastic (and toothed) cable quadrant.
yeah i knew that...

Maximum Motorsports sells modified OEM cables (to work with aftermarket FWAs). --or-- you can modify an OEM cable yourself.
well here lies another question....MM says that the modified OEM cable is ONLY for THEIR quadrant/adjuster...

and i don't remember having to modify the cable for the Fiore piece...

yeah i knew that...

well here lies another question....MM says that the modified OEM cable is ONLY for THEIR quadrant/adjuster...

and i don't remember having to modify the cable for the Fiore piece...

Nope... it's not just for theirs. The modification that they do (IIRC), is only to the plastic piece that goes through the firewall (the same mod can be done with a set of dikes to an OEM cable bought from Ford).

I honestly cannot remember what brand my quadrant and FW adjuster are but niether is from MM. I bought my cable from MM because it was going to take my local Ford dealership WEEKS to get me one. I bought the longer (SN95 cable, I think), so that I would have routing options around headers etc.

Nope... it's not just for theirs. The modification that they do (IIRC), is only to the plastic piece that goes through the firewall (the same mod can be done with a set of dikes to an OEM cable bought from Ford).

I honestly cannot remember what brand my quadrant and FW adjuster are but niether is from MM. I bought my cable from MM because it was going to take my local Ford dealership WEEKS to get me one. I bought the longer (SN95 cable, I think), so that I would have routing options around headers etc.

so the "universal cable" should be fine?? this would be great news because the "universal cable" is only like $67 while the OEM 94-95 cable is $130....