AOD guys

5.0stang_gt

May 8, 2005
hey I have a question, I have a 1993 mustang gt with minor mods and jasper just installed a AOD and the transmission shifts at 4500 rpm with it FLOORED is that right or should the rpm be higher thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

also the car is running 14.46 with a 2.15 60' time at 95.8 mph that ET is a little bit high for that 60' time with stock gears, just thinking that the car isn't getting its hp potenial.

For a stock AOD that's about right. With a shiftkit you will get better shifts and move the shift points out a bit. My Transgo kit (don't recommend) shifts at about 5200-5300 RPM.

Good Luck, Don

I raced a mustang that was a 5 speed and ran 14.00 at the track. We both started right next to each other until he shifted from 3 to 4 then he pulled away. Why is that? srry just confused thats all.lol

his t5 is lighter , I had a trans go shift kit my shifted around 5800 thats were the tranny shop set it.
I hope they set your tv cable right if not your trans will shurley with out a dought blow up . you need to ask ?s and complain to who ever did it dosent sound right to me