AOD shifter upgrade?

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
For you AOD guys who have upgraded your shifter, do you have your old stock shifter sitting in the garage?

I just "upgraded" to an AOD in my 1995, and I need a shifter for it. I'd be happy to take your old shifter off your hands if you are willing to part with it.

Can anyone help me out?

• Sponsors (?)

For you AOD guys who have upgraded your shifter, do you have your old stock shifter sitting in the garage?

I just "upgraded" to an AOD in my 1995, and I need a shifter for it. I'd be happy to take your old shifter off your hands if you are willing to part with it.

Can anyone help me out?

How do you have the kick down cable hooked up on your car?

I've got my stock shifter. Will the fox shifter fit in the 95? I've even got a new seal for it too. Just ask if you want it.

i don't know enough about the differences, but i imagine there is probably a way to make it work. if you don't need or want it, and do not intend to use it in the future, then i would to try to put it to good use.

How do you have the kick down cable hooked up on your car?

the 94/95 throttle body has an unused boss that moves the right direction to pull a TV cable. so i fabbed a cable out of some stuff i sources at a bike shop ...

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=734901

i didn't like the throttle lever connection i have pictured in the thread, so i came up with something that is much better. i also have come up with a better way to secure the cable and adjust it, i hope to do that tomorrow. i'll take more pics after i get those changes made.

i don't know enough about the differences, but i imagine there is probably a way to make it work. if you don't need or want it, and do not intend to use it in the future, then i would to try to put it to good use.

the 94/95 throttle body has an unused boss that moves the right direction to pull a TV cable. so i fabbed a cable out of some stuff i sources at a bike shop ...

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=734901

i didn't like the throttle lever connection i have pictured in the thread, so i came up with something that is much better. i also have come up with a better way to secure the cable and adjust it, i hope to do that tomorrow. i'll take more pics after i get those changes made.

Cool Me and a buddy are in the middle of puting one of the aod's i had laying around in his 95 vert. And i wasn't sure how to hook up the cable.

Thanks.