AOD Stcok shifter feels harder to put in gear

BLADDER92FOX

Apr 4, 2005
Miami
AOD Stock shifter feels harder to put in gear

Today when i shifted my shifter from d up to park when i was in taco bell drive through i noticed that it took more strength to push up,I was wondering why. Then since i was just waiting in line i tried changing all the gears up and down,it seems that it's a bit harder to push up and pull down than normal(it harder when bring it from park to gear 1. My tranny runs fine other than maybe the overdrive band is starting to wear out. Is this anything i should worry about?

• Sponsors (?)

BLADDER92FOX said:
Today when i shifted my shifter from d up to park when i was in taco bell drive through i noticed that it took more strength to push up,I was wondering why. Then since i was just waiting in line i tried changing all the gears up and down,it seems that it's a bit harder to push up and pull down than normal(it harder when bring it from park to gear 1. My tranny runs fine other than maybe the overdrive band is starting to wear out. Is this anything i should worry about?

Do you have an aftermarket exhaust system? When I got my 2 1/2 exhaust on when I still had the auto, my linkage was hitting my new exhaust. Had to dimple the pipe so my car could shift. Might want to check that, good luck.

I recently had my trans out for a refresh incl a rebuilt vb w/a shift kit, and when I reinstalled it it also shifts a little harder even though I put the cable bolt right back on the same exact spot on the arm as it was before. Works OK, just feels stiffer and not as smooth. Tried readjusting a couple times w/no change. Don't have a clue.