Fox Aod W/ Crane 444225 Cam - Need Help Choosing Torque Converter!!

MLee23

Dec 31, 2004
Hey Everyone - I'm rebuilding an AOD out of my 1990 fox which has a mostly stock 93 Cobra engine with a Crane 444225 Cam in it. Any suggestions on what Torque Converter to pair up with the setup? Street car, looking for drivability, not sure if stock TC can handle that...

• Sponsors (?)

Just understand that a given converter will not always have the same stall speed behind different engines. Generally, high tq big block engines will make a higher stall speeds. So, a converter listed as 3000 stall usually produces a lower stall speed behind lower tq small blocks like our 5.0's.. By the time you're winding out the top end (where we shine), stall speed doesnt matter anymore.

That is not a very aggressive cam. It is called the "Cobra Cam, as it was made for 1.7 rockers. The duration is 214/220 w/513/529lift and 112 degree lobe separation. My guess is 2400-2600 in stall but as stated, stall speed is not the same amongst manufacturers and there are other variables.

The best thing to do is contact Dan @ Silverfox or Edge and get their recommendations. You will want a converter that is compatible with your 2 piece input shaft and has the lock up feature. A good converter is $3-500.