AOD with B-cam

1BAD89GT

Jan 2, 2004
Oklahoma
Is anybody running a B-cam with an automatic? I have a buddy that wanting to run a B-cam and he has a Beefed up AOD with a 3500 stall that he just installed and he changing cams and intakes in his mild 302.

1BAD89GT said:
Is anybody running a B-cam with an automatic? I have a buddy that wanting to run a B-cam and he has a Beefed up AOD with a 3500 stall that he just installed and he changing cams and intakes in his mild 302.

A friend of mine used to have a 93 cobra that he stuffed a b cam in, but it was a 5 speed of course. The only other mods was exhaust and southsides. I drove it both before and after, and i guess it made more HP after, but it was a TURD below 3500 rpm. It really killed the torque. Part of teh problem was he had the stocker 3.27 gears ( i think that's what came in the cobras) and it really needed 3.73's. I think it should wake up that AOD, especially with a decent stall, but he will need 4:10's for sure and he'll want to rev it out. Since this is a 5 speed story, i doubt it helps, but good luck anyway.

Thanks for the input MustHave your about right on about the AOD just got a super fast Tech response from Edge converters.

Since your looking into the custom convertor why don't your buddy look into spending an extra $150 or so for an FTI cam.....that way you would have all the torque you could need but have plenty of higher end horsepower when you stomp on it

David