Are you in need of some cash??? Wiring Job.

TeamEntity

May 4, 2005
:nice:65 mustang coupe, 289 automatic. I need your schematics that work that you used with you ez wiring 21 circuit. this means pics and schematics that uses the ez wiring harness. I need to finish all the wiring in the dash and engine, nuetral safty switch. If you help me. you will get 100 bucks. Yes really not too labor intensive. But camera clarity is a huge key and of course my wires have to match yours. Let me know via p.m. If you take on the job, you will be expected to be there until i'm finished. Then i will pay you. Let me know. And thanks!!!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Which half? There are a few folks on here that have used the new style 'generic' replacement harness. My interpretation is that is much easier to replace with factory. I realize that wiring can look like a night mare, but once you lay out the (correct) harness, and it's junctions, it isn't really all that bad....

90% of the stuff is REALLY easy to wire, it is just time consuming. Most of the electrical in the car has a 12v positive going in and a ground coming out. Take your time with it and relax. Since you are using the custom wire from scratch harness a Ford diagram does you no good. Good luck with it.

Post questions if you get stuck on something.

ugg yeah i've posted that up already and without having the same harness using the ford diagrams are useless. all of the colors are different. not all of the o.e. pigtails hook up to the harness. Quite a different situation.

Color codes don't mean anything in reality, they are a convenience.

Do you have the stock Ford harness that you are replacing ? If so just yank the connectors off of that and reuse them.

You still haven't said what circuit you need help with.

ugg yeah i've posted that up already and without having the same harness using the ford diagrams are useless. all of the colors are different. not all of the o.e. pigtails hook up to the harness. Quite a different situation.

What we have here is a failure to see the forest for the trees infront of you.:D

First your using a kit wire harness that I assume is colored and Id with function.
Now you have to use the Ford Diagrams and trace the orignal wire from its function to termination point.

With that information, take the new wire and attach it.

Like the headlight switch, 8 connections with 5 wires in new kit.
3 of the old harness wires may not be used or now are mixed in as one wire in the new harness.

Take one wire function at a time and go thru it.

Page 10 on those EZ-Wire instructions has all the info you should need for the entire steering column (turn signals, hazards, ect)

http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/wiring/1965/1965e.jpg

Ok, so I don't know if you have this diagram or not but it should really help you out. I'm going to see if I can help a little with the head light switch....

Lets see here, wire #14 in that diagram is black and should connect to the EZ-Wire harness labeled rh/lh park=brown. #11 should connect to the same to the same wires in the EZ-Wire harness that #14 does. It looks like Ford does it front/rear and the bow tie boys do it right/left. Pick one and connect each wire to 1.

#15 in the Ford diagram should still go to the headlight switch to control regular vs bright headlights.

Wires #10 and #460 connect to the same connector on the switch. #10 goes to the brake light switch. #460 goes to the horn. From what I can tell, thats the Green wire labeled horn on the harness.

The Tan and Light Green wires in the harness should be labeled for headlight low and high beams. These should hook into their respective plugs on the floor mounted switch that gets its power from the headlight switch.

#25 needs to be hooked up to a fused source. This should be the black and red wire labeled headlight bat.

I think that does it for the headlight switch. Let me know if I missed something.

The ignition switch in the diagram only has 2 wires going to it and both of them run into the fuse box. That digram isn't 100% complete. I don't know off the top of my head where the rest of the hookups on the ignition switch are suppose to plug in but I bet one of the diagrams here will have the info:
1965 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams