• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

ASE CERTIFIED NOW!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 351wcoupe
  • Start date Start date Jun 23, 2004

351wcoupe

New Member
Feb 13, 2003
1,811
0
0
Manhattan, Kansas
Jun 23, 2004
#1
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #1
I've been waiting over a month to get the results from my ASE test and they came today. I passed easily and now I have a peice of paper that says I know Electrical/Electronic Systems.
Unfortunately I have 7 more to take before I can be Master certified. I'll take a bunch more in the fall and spring. Then its on to Deisel and an engineering program.
 
9

91_4ourBanger

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
255
0
0
Jun 23, 2004
#2
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #2
congradulations, i hear electrical is where the big money is made, cause its so hard.
 

351wcoupe

New Member
Feb 13, 2003
1,811
0
0
Manhattan, Kansas
Jun 23, 2004
#3
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #3
its funny I've done a few fairly hard jobs this week and people said "you should be certified for this".....I said...Give it time.
 

mr_woodster

Active Member
Jul 28, 2003
1,314
0
36
Riverside, CA
Jun 23, 2004
#4
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #4
great job! now that your an exspert...ive got a merkur with a few grimlins
 

351wcoupe

New Member
Feb 13, 2003
1,811
0
0
Manhattan, Kansas
Jun 23, 2004
#5
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #5
I passed up one hell of a deal on an original Ford service Manual on the 86 XR4Ti for $65. This thing was like 1200 pages.
 

kiddiccarus

The first widely accepted Tranny
20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 24, 2003
1,789
1,051
143
30 Mins from a Ragged GT
Jun 23, 2004
#6
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #6
Cograts, Keep up the good work with the testing and we will send you a lot of practice exercising our gremlins.
 

351wcoupe

New Member
Feb 13, 2003
1,811
0
0
Manhattan, Kansas
Jun 23, 2004
#7
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #7
thanks yeah like I've said before

You definately have to exercise your gremlins or they'll start to get flabby.
 

kiddiccarus

The first widely accepted Tranny
20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 24, 2003
1,789
1,051
143
30 Mins from a Ragged GT
Jun 23, 2004
#8
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #8
Yep and I like the tight waisted, large breasted ones, oh wait, gremlins?
 

notched86

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
305
1
0
Ruckersville, VA
Jun 23, 2004
#9
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #9
Congrats, and good luck with the rest of your tests.
 

misslightning

Does this truck make my butt look big?
Feb 20, 2003
0
0
0
Luray VA
Jun 23, 2004
#10
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #10
351wcoupe said:
I've been waiting over a month to get the results from my ASE test and they came today. I passed easily and now I have a peice of paper that says I know Electrical/Electronic Systems.
Unfortunately I have 7 more to take before I can be Master certified. I'll take a bunch more in the fall and spring. Then its on to Deisel and an engineering program.
Click to expand...
congrats
 

SVO1

Lord of The somethin' somethin' somethin', hell, I
Oct 25, 1999
4,592
1
0
Lord of uh, hmm what was it again?
Jun 23, 2004
#11
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #11
Congrats!
Just do not do what I did and take all of them at once!
Had like 3 on tues night, and 4 & l1 on thursday night.

Was nice cleaning them all up in one shot tho.

Speaking of which, my re-certs are coming up next spring!
Yuck!

But I can say being Master certified makes a nice bump around here for pay.
I am actually mulling an offer over as a lead tech at the local Pontiac Dealer

I personally have never taken a lot of stock in the ase's, but hey, If it gets one more $$$ then go for it!
 

351wcoupe

New Member
Feb 13, 2003
1,811
0
0
Manhattan, Kansas
Jun 23, 2004
#12
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #12
thanks everybody..

SVO1: I definately here you about the money part and....I can get autozone to pay for the tests. Plus I get an extra grade at school.
I messed up and I should have taken the engine performance then too, but I'll hit that one in the fall. How hard was the L1?? I hope to catch that one in the spring if the fall test goes ok.
 

Stinger

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2001
7,754
24
118
Basehor (Kansas City), KS
Jun 23, 2004
#13
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #13
Too bad you couldn't figure out why my Merkur wasn't charging...
 

351wcoupe

New Member
Feb 13, 2003
1,811
0
0
Manhattan, Kansas
Jun 23, 2004
#14
  • Jun 23, 2004
  • #14
LOL i was waiting for that.
that gets mentioned alot but nobody ever hears that I made an internally regulated ford alternator into a one wire alt without full fielding it.......on the drive down

merk still lasted longer then the hybrid






it could have been worse...I could have told those cops that you attacked me with some sort of "spray".
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Tips for WUE and ASE tuning
  • Mustang5L5
  • Oct 9, 2025
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
1
Views
668
Digital Self-tuning Forum Oct 10, 2025
gkomo
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
173
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
250
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
89 LX Electrical Troubles
  • fun331
  • Oct 25, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
408
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 27, 2025
fun331
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
353
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?