Ashtray lid help

neilc88

Apr 11, 2006
Hello All, newbe here,

My ashtray lid separated. The metal base connected to the underside of the ash tray lid came apart. I removed the ashtray lid by sliding it out of the center council by the seal belt clip. I then glued the lid and metal backing together. Now, how do it get the ashtray lid and the ash tray spring back in place?:shrug: Maybe I have to raise the center council?
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

There are 4 bolts at the rear of the console.
2 under the shifter bezel and I think 1 or 2 more behind the knee blocker and glove box.

A couple of sockets / screw drivers and a bit of swearing and it comes right out...

Remove the armrest assembly by popping off the oval covers on each side of the armrest base (behind the seatback, and down by the floor), and removing the 4 bolts (2 each side) underneath. Then lift the armrest assembly out.

Then pop out the shifter bezel.

There are two screws under the rear edge of the shifter bezel, and two under the front edge of the armrest assembly. Remove those.

The middle portion of the console containing the ashtray can now be lifted out, by guiding it over the handbrake lever, and unplugging the connectors for the cigarette lighter and the power mirror switch (if installed).