Digital Tuning At Wits End! Help! Anderson Pms

Nov 20, 2014
I have just bought a 88 GT. I have a PMS tuner that I need help with because, my dumb ass decided to play with something that one did not understand what the heck he was doing so, that being said. Anyone here that can help me to fix it or get me closer to the mark. I do realize I will have to make adjustments, but at least help me understand the tables on the PMS by Anderson motorsports.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it's understanding the increments in which each number identifies it's self to. For instance 1 = 10 degrees and so on. Also it just has a lot of other options that at this time I don't need yet. I know that right now I've got it running, just if I get on it it chokes out and I have to let off. For example, Rick Anderson says if I want 32 degrees at wot set PMS +7 at 6000 rpm. What does the 7 represent?

I just so screwed myself because, I live on disability and can't afford 500 bucks to go have it dynoed. So any help will do that can get with in an proximity for me to make small changes until I get it right. It needed some adjusting when I bought the car I just couldn't wait to learn more about I'm so #\'(*.: mad.

The amount of advance past the stock curve.

The information I am about to post is from the website www.veryuseful.com look in the a9l ecu area.

This is the table.
Image6.gif
now this is the timing curve information for an A9L ecu used in manual transmission cars. Your ecu may have a different timing strategy than this one.

I just so screwed myself because, I live on disability and can't afford 500 bucks to go have it dynoed. So any help will do that can get with in an proximity for me to make small changes until I get it right. It needed some adjusting when I bought the car I just couldn't wait to learn more about I'm so #\'(*.: mad.
It's takes time to learn. I taught myself tuning by building an aftermarket ecu and diving in headfirst. You have the advantage of the stock tune to work off of.

Small changes are best, I would not worry about the timing yet leave the stock curve alone. You need to get the fuel correct first, from what you describe by it falling on its face I assume it's too rich.
This can be fixed in many ways but first I need to know what ecu you have and what MAF you currently have installed.

@Decipha for help

The is an 88, it has a 351 crate motor with TFS heads. Not real sure of insides, but MSD distributor. It is 5 speed stage 2 clutch. 24lbs injectors Pro M 80mm for 24 lbs injectors. I imagine that everything was upgraded for the upgraded that they made. I do realize when you buy something you have very little info on it will be a hit and miss. So hopefully I get more hits than misses.