ATS brake conversion question

Antimoans are hit or miss. Some guys need then and some don’t. Try without and if you need them the SVE versions should work.

The noise is usually heard when reversing.

• Sponsors (?)

I saw that too.

Those calipers come on:

93-07 Taurus ALL
93-02 Continental ALL
93-06 Sable ALL
Don't forget the Lincoln LS has a 43mm rear caliper too, and uses a pad that is very similar to the 93 Cobra rear pad vs the stock SN pad. It will bolt to an SN Mustang rear caliper bracket as well.

Antimoans are hit or miss. Some guys need then and some don’t. Try without and if you need them the SVE versions should work.

The noise is usually heard when reversing.
gotcha and yeah, after posting this yesterday I stumbled onto the sve ones on lmr...had no clue they were repopping them. I guess I will just move forward with it and deal with the anti moan brackets later. just do it all at once. I grabbed a rearend from a 2003 gt on thursday from the u-pull. might as well just do everything all at once.

swapping to this vs the stock rearend in my 95 gt vert. 2.73 to 3.27 gears, 3/4" wider on each side to push my wheels out just that extra bit to fill the wells out better. going to put the cobra clutch packs in it and a girdle and then convert it to the cobra brakes before jamming it up under the car with a flowmaster catback I snatched from the u-pull a couple months ago. just do it all at once. oof.

Attachments

• 20240601_100924.jpg
    20240601_100924.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: 1 user