Att. Gear Bangers! Shift Knob Preference? Post em.

slick35thgt

Oct 5, 2009
Leitchfield, KY
As we all know, the Mustang is essential a blank canvas ready for personalization to its owners preference. I've read through multiple threads about short throw shifters but few people shed light on their shift knobs themselves, which is always a place where people get to add their own personal touch.

I'm on the verge of getting into a different one, so i figured this thread would be a great opportunity to get ideas and let people show off their knobs as well. I've been rocking my billet knob in my '99 since I've had it, and i think it may be time for a change. In my old Fox car ive had anything from a Hurst t-handle to an 05+ oem Mustang knob, so I think it's time to mix it up a bit with my '99.

Here's my current setup, forgive the kind of distant pic, I don't have a close up handy. Let's see yours!!:D
P9090039.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a collection and I switch from time to time when I'm bored with the current one...
I have a black 2.25" cue ball, a Hurst Pistol Grip, the OEM Bullitt style, an OEM GT style...and a couple more I can't recall. My fav (currently) is the OEM handle - I've filled in the shift pattern with red paint to give it a custom touch. The most comfortable? The OEM GT knob. The most leverage? The Hurst Pistol Grip. I've also got a Tri-Ax handle and a Pro-50 handle, so I can swap in many diff ways.

geez slick that ebrake goes up high

It could use some adjustment haha. It does work though!:D

I'm looking into an old school white knob of some sort. And I'm going to have to agree that the stock GT knob is quite comfy, just not as aesthetically pleasing to the eye as some of the others. I like a t-handle but I don't know how it would look in an SN95 interior.

In my 02 I had a MGW. The one with GT at the top. Hated it. I went back to stock. In there to this day.

In my 95 i had a hurst t-handle and went back to stock. Here is a pic of the hurst.

96336.jpg

I currently have te stock shift knob on my 96 Cobra with the leather all ripped off lol. I feel like repalcing it with either a leather wrapped 99-04 GT knob or a Bullitt aluminum one. Never was a fan of the T handle in our cars lol.

I like them small and soft.:jaw: I have the stock one in there buy it's too bulky. Will upgrade that and the shifter over the winter, but will stay with something that's got the look of the classic shifter knob. No t handles or balls for me.;) Thanks for the thread, gives me many ideas to choose from.