ATTN: All those with hood scoops.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got mine 1/8th of an inch from the back of the hood,looks like it's starting to catch on,I put mine on around 7 yrs ago.
Did Have it working but patched the hole in the hood and made the scoop a dummy 'cause it was getting the engine wet and dusty and I got tired of cleaning the engine all the time.

More pics in my sig 88 5 0 Mustang Album,Do the slideshow it'll give you fullsize pics.
http://picasaweb.google.com/snake8188/1988MustangGT

882007vz6.jpg

Attachments

• 882007vz6.jpg
    882007vz6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 78
Mine is in the stock/OEM location...which for what it's worth has a lot to do with making good engine clearance, especially if you're using a carb with a good size breather. I'll go out today and get some measurements/pics for ya.

mirrors005a.jpg

I mounted mine about a 1/4 inch forward of the trailing edge of the hood. I hated it the minute I finished the install. I ended up getting a Cervini's Air Extractor hood to replace it.

Attachments

• mirrors005a.jpg
    mirrors005a.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 107
They look a lot different on the '79-82 hoods because the cown panel was narrower and as such the cowl that the hood has is narrower in the back to match, so the scoop itself flows better with the older hoods, but i do like them a lot on the aero cars.

Here's a dead on shot so you get what i mean about the hood/cowl thing:
View attachment 338519

Here's a pic of the factory stamped opening on my hood. It's pretty huge...takes up almost the whole space under the scoop. It's little things like this that make my car weigh only 2840lbs. I don't know what the idea was behind the shape of the opening...maybe to fit the single snorkle air breathers they used back then.
View attachment 338521

As for measurements, mine is 1 1/8 inch from the back of the hood in the dead center of the scoop.

Personally, I like the 83 GT hood scoop.
It's designed to fit the contours of an 83-93 hood.
The 79-82 scoop is designed to fit the hood of those years,
and does not line up with the lines & shape of the later model ones.
2681252_84_full.jpg

2681252_85_full.jpg

Personally, I like the 83 GT hood scoop.
It's designed to fit the contours of an 83-93 hood.
The 79-82 scoop is designed to fit the hood of those years,
and does not line up with the lines & shape of the later model ones.

That's why I like it. Of course I also don't like the 'cowl induction' of the 83-84's scoop. But that's just me.

Hey Wythors...I love your car...you know why? Almost anything I want to do to mine, I can see how it looks by looking @ your car. Thanks man!