AUGUST 7TH....BAR-B-Q/FUN RUN

• Sponsors (?)

L8 MUSL said:
Hmm, I don't know if you have gone on base lately?
I have been going on, and surfing there for over 25 years and except for during the first gulf war and right after 9/11, the last year has been pretty difficult. I have been turned away quite a few times and have been told I need someone in active service to "sponsor" my day on base.
I've found it really depends on the M.P.
I wouldn't want to invite a group of people to the beach there, just to have them turned away at the gate.
I believe that Jason can leave a list of people with the M.P.'s office right there at main gate and everyone can sign in if asked to.
Again, just my $0.02 worth.
Are you going through the Main gate or the Del Mar gate????

I am going to need names (first, last, MI) to put together a list for the MPs. Just send me a PM with the info. Also, make sure you have a valid drivers liscense, insurance, and registration. This is not a confirmed "go" yet but I want to be pro active about this so we are on top of things if we get the nod. Lets try to get the word out to all that may wish to attend so I can get their names also.

Pierre, I am not sure if you can assume a sponser role as well. The thing I am worried about right now is the guest to sponser ratio. My wife can hopefully be used as a sponser too (as long as she can get off work).

A lot of logistical cogs turning on this one but if we can pull it off it will a blast. Please let me know ASAP.

Pierre is a contractor on base, so yes he does have base decals. Also, I have a new Marine in my shop that has a 2000 Mustang 6er, and maybe she would want to attend the run and we can use her as a sponser if I am limited to how many guests I am allotted.

L8 MUSL said:
Are you X millitary? Do you have some type of sticker on your car or I.D.?
Because that's unusual. :shrug:
I work on base and the only stickers I have are on the truck, but I drive mostly the stangs to work and I have no problems. The time of day plays also an importance, the earlier you get on base the less hassles you have with the M.P's

Jason; I don't think I could sponsor anyone.The idea of names and info to the M.P's is a good one and hopefully we (as a group) can get clearence for the event. I don't think it would be a problem because on a monthly basis, Camp Pendleton has a Porsche club on base, so IMO we should be OK as long as PMO knows about it. :nice:

M8KMDAY said:
I work on base and the only stickers I have are on the truck, but I drive mostly the stangs to work and I have no problems.

Maybe it's the surfboards on the roof or the bong on the dashboard or the towle wrapped around my head:shrug: I dunno?
jkng.
:flag: to all our troops.
I'd rather it was tough to get on base then give some terrorist A$$hole a chance to do anything stupid.

Let's try to make it happen Jason!
Maybe if you aproached it from the "club" angle (man, I hate that word) we could just have people gain access under the "club" name with the MP's?
The place is perfect for a get together!

I'm not even taking my car to the painter untill afterwards because I don't want it to conflict with this event.
Besides, I think I'm going to save up enough to do a color change and paint it black.
still thinking about that one.

GOT IT!!!!!

I just got off the phone with PMO and we are a "GO" for DelMar Beach. All we have to say is that you are going to the going away party for Sgt Lee at Del Mar beach, but since we will all be together it should be obvious where we are going. I will lead the way onto base and explain that the long line of "up-to-no-goods" behind me are with me. You need to make sure you have you DL, proof of Insurance, and registration and we will be good to go. :nice:

I am so excited about this. This is going to be a hell of a good time.

Lets put together a route. I take it we will all meet at the Wal-Mart parking lot off of the 78 as described in the first post.

WE'RE ON LIKE KONG!!!!!!

That makes 2 of us Fred. if I haven't earned my Honorable Discharge from the 7 plus years of service, I sure as hell earned it over the last 4 months. I don't have time to wipe my ass I am so busy. I used to have more time on my hands than I knew what to do with, but recently it has been just stupid how hectic my life has been. It wassn't this chaotic in Iraq. and thats really saying something.

I am really looking forward to this. Its ashame Tara is still away. I am sure she would enjoy this one. Oh well. I do hope for a big turnout.

Looks like it's coming together!
We could just meet at that park and ride at the 76 (Pala) and the I-15, that way the down south guy's can just come up the 15?
Then just head up the 15 to the Ortega HWY, up over the hill and back down the 5 to the base.

Or, any of the down south guy's can come up the 5 to my house and follow me out to the park and ride.

It might be cool if some guy's from Orange County wanted to meet us up at the top of the Ortega HWY and then follow us back down to O-side to hang out and make some new Stangnet friends?
You make the call Jason, this is your gig. I know I for one (well maybe the wife too) will be there :nice:

What park are you talking about, Bill?

I like the idea of a central meeting place and then the cruise over to the 15 (north) and over Ortega Hwy to the 5 (south) and then on to base via the main gate. But if it will be easier or more efficient to have a couple of pre-meeting spots and then we all collaborate at one large place thats cool. I have a spot in mind we might be able to meet at, but I will need to research the potential lack of parking. Other than that, it all depends on how many are coming.

keep me posted.

Jason, The place I'm talking about is a "Park & Ride" just on the west side of the I-15 at the Pala, hwy 76 off ramp. Next to that gas station. It is one of those places where commuters park their cars and car pool together, just a big parking lot. real easy to find. That would be a good place for all the "down South" guy's to hook up with the "North County" guy's. And, as said before if any of the guy's from down there want to come up the I-5 to my house I can show them the way to that parking ride. Other wise they can just come up the I-15 and exit on Pala.