AUGUST 7TH....BAR-B-Q/FUN RUN

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Fred,
I can't remember what type of blower intake setup you had on the white car but, I just put on my UPR "Powerpipe", and it's a pretty cool set up (in more way's then one).
With my old set up (a 4" metal pipe running into the fender well) you could burn your hand if you touched it after the car had been running, with this setup (4" plastic pipe) it is barely warm to the touch! That's got to be a good thing eh?
No slick paint job like beau's but it works very well.

L8 MUSL said:
Hey Fred,
I can't remember what type of blower intake setup you had on the white car but, I just put on my UPR "Powerpipe", and it's a pretty cool set up (in more way's then one).
With my old set up (a 4" metal pipe running into the fender well) you could burn your hand if you touched it after the car had been running, with this setup (4" plastic pipe) it is barely warm to the touch! That's got to be a good thing eh?
No slick paint job like beau's but it works very well.
Bill,
I have an Anderson Motorsport 4" power pipe on my Vortec. I just foud out that I have a broken Catalytic converter so I am thinking of ordering a UPR X-pipe :nice: I can't wait to see your car :hail2: I am going to Qualcom tonite and make some passes in th 89' :banana:

Fred :flag:

I hope everyone makes it! (Allen).
And Fred, there isn't much to see, same old ****y paint job with ricer hood (Beau).
P.m. me with your email adress and I'll reply with some photo's of the thing.
The UPR powerpipe is exactly like the Anderson MS one except it is made out of space age composit polymere technofiber carbon R matirial, (plastic).
does yours get hot to the touch?

I'm not going to make it tonight Fred, I will be there next Friday for sure.
I'm going to the "cruise night" in Escondido tonight.

The cuise night in Escondido is a pretty cool scene.
You can cruise up and down Grand avenue for just a few blocks or so, and the whole thing is a big car show.
Then you'll want to park and get out and walk up and down the street to check out all the cars.
They reserve all the parking along Grand ave for pre 1972 cars so they are all parked along grand and then down four of the side streets.
They give out awards for the best cars.
If you like the early modle cars, it is awsome. There are some fantastic looking cars just beautiful muscle cars and all sorts of cool stuff. It's a pretty big deal. And then there are some good resturants right there along Grand to eat at.
I'm going out there around 6 or 6:30, My friend Jun is going to park his El Camino along Grand.
You guy's that have my cell#, call me if you're going.
If you don't, p.m. me and I'll give it to ya.

Johns89lx said:
I may go over there to check it out. Sounds like fun. Does the traffic "gridlock" on Grand Ave. or can you cruise w/o overheating?

No John, it's not that bad. Your going to want to get out and check out the cars anyway.
I'm bringing my wife and we're going to eat at one of the resturants with another couple, let me know if you want to hook up with us.