Authentic badge questions...

Tally_4.6

Feb 26, 2006
Orlando
Not too long ago i picked up a GT badge in a Genuine Ford bag and all at a swap meet. Well i figured i would get another one so that down the road when i repaint my car i could have 2 brand new badges to throw on. Well i ordered one from 5.0resto and it is not the same as the one i picked up at the meet.

As you can see the lettering is not the same.

badge1.jpg

badge2-1.jpg

The notch is not in the one i ordered for the body of the car.

badge3.jpg

And the adhesive is a little strip, not like the OEM with adhesive covering the entire badge.

badge4.jpg

Should i just call the company and ask if they have OEM ones, or go to the local Ford dealer and ask them? Anybody know how much this badge would be at a dealer.

Attachments

• badge1.jpg
    badge1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 73
  • badge2-1.jpg
    badge2-1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 76
  • badge3.jpg
    badge3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 78
  • badge4.jpg
    badge4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

you can get them at the dealership i paid $25 for two 99-04 GT emblems from a ford dealership.
Well you got really lucky, i went to one of the Ford dealers on my way home from school and they wanted $48.72 for one!!! So just now i called the other Ford dealer and they said it would be $29 for one! WTF!

In Feb. the swap meet will be back so i will check there. But can anybody help me out to find a genuine Ford badge?

This thread doesn't surprise me. I have bought stuff from 5.0Resto, and normally their stuff isn't exactly like the genuine Ford part. It works, but is not quite right. I guess 5.0Resto doesn't want a copyright suit against them, or something like that.
Yeah it's weird. Cause i ordered some tag light housings cause mine were old and cracked, when they came they were in the little Genuine Ford bags and they were authentic and all. I guess its hit or miss...:shrug: But thats dumb.