Auto - Early Shifts?

MarkGT

Nov 16, 2003
My 99GT AODE seems to shift around 5300RPM under WOT. I got the Diablo Sport and it firmed up the shifts some but still shifts at 5300. If I shift manually into second, it hits rev limiter or cuts out about 5900. Any body experience this or have any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

MarkGT:

The shift takes, say, 1 second to accomplish with the separator plate holes in stock condition. You can quicken up the shifts by making certain holes a little larger. If the shift can be made in, say, 1/2 second, then you can raise the shift points. This will allow you to take advantage of more rpm/power. Take a look at "Transmissions 101" in the Tech Articles section of TCCoA.com for "how to".

nyuk98gt,
I think if you do the J-mod and quicken the shifts, the shift points will become lower.
My car used to shift 1 to 2 at 5800-5900 rpms. After the J-mod the car shifts at 5600 rpms. Still a little late for me.

Clayton

kuma:

You're right: the process to shift has occurred in less time so the shift will complete at a lower rpm. Perhaps I should have had more caffeine to get the old brain cells revved up before I posted?

Thanks for setting things right.

Chris