Auto tranny shift point

Hi guys,

Question is: Considering max HP @ 5200RPM and max TQ @ 4000RPM, should i lower the rpm where the tranny shift? At WOT right now, it s shift around 5800RPM and it seems that the car doesnt pull anymore passed 5300RPM.

Not asking for better track time but for also a more consistant acceleration car for my dailydrive.

I have a Hypertech III to do the job.

Thx

• Sponsors (?)

speed545 said:
Hi guys,

Question is: Considering max HP @ 5200RPM and max TQ @ 4000RPM, should i lower the rpm where the tranny shift? At WOT right now, it s shift around 5800RPM and it seems that the car doesnt pull anymore passed 5300RPM.

Not asking for better track time but for also a more consistant acceleration car for my dailydrive.

Thx

Great question thier are alot of auto experts on here that can probably answer that for you ( WHAT YEAR IS YOUR CAR THEY WILL WANT TO KNOW )

speed545 said:
Hi guys,

Thx

take it to the track and play with the shift points. that is the only "for sure" way to find out. 5800 is where alot of people shift their auto's and manuals. try dropping it a little(55-5600) and see if it picks up anything. i doubt it will but you never know. good luck :nice: