Auto Trans Question

barthel

Aug 20, 2010
Torrance, PRK
Hey all,

I have a '94 GT convertible with an auto trans (AODE). The trans is getting ready to go tango uniform so it's going to need to be changed.
Rather than replacing it with another boat anchor is there a better automatic that is a "drop in" for it?

I know I'll hear about changing it out to a T5, but it's just a cruiser and my wife can't drive a stick.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey all,

I have a '94 GT convertible with an auto trans (AODE). The trans is getting ready to go tango uniform so it's going to need to be changed.
Rather than replacing it with another boat anchor is there a better automatic that is a "drop in" for it?

I know I'll hear about changing it out to a T5, but it's just a cruiser and my wife can't drive a stick.

There is nothing wrong with the AODE that a shift kit won't fix, especially if the engine is stock or mildly modified.

A Transgo HD2 shift kit, 4R70W gearset, heavy duty clutches, 2" overdrive band, mechanical diode one-way clutch, and external tranny cooler will transform your AODE and make it capable of handling 400+hp.