Auto Transmission oil change.

auto2019GT

Jun 20, 2019
New Orleans
I recently got a brand new 2019 Auto GT. I want to take real good care of it. The manual says to change the trans fluid every 150k miles, but I hear people say they change it every 30k miles. Are these people wasting their money or will this preserve the car?
I'm 19 so I will drive it hard at times, but will most likely never bring it to a real race course.

• Sponsors (?)

Can never change it too much. If you drive it hard i can see changing it every 30k....150k is way too long. Some places won't touch it if past 100k without ever being serviced.

Personally I think 30k is a bit to often. Ford has all their service intervals set way out with these cars. Oil change intervals are when the oil life indicator pops, usually between 7-10k for instance. If you want to be proactive 50k is a good time. Same with coolant changes and diff oil. But understand you are doing these things way earlier than the factory recommends for added peace of mind. The guys saying 30k are also the ones changing full synthetic motor oil every 2500 miles like it isn't still new oil. These cars hold 8 quarts and have deep sump oil pans and use synthetic blend. That was done to extend oil life. The fluids being used all over the car are better in every way than the fluids used in decades past and hold up longer.

All that said, if you do it early it won't hurt anything. Having fresh fluids will keep your car running newer longer.

Reactions: 1 user