Autolite 4100 Venturi Problem

wild70stang

Nov 11, 2005
I will post pictures and videos later when im back at my computer. I finally got around to bolting on the carb few days ago and today I started it up to set the idle screws. Dont worry I had the car running at 190* during this procedure. The problem is I noticed the front passenger side venturi is dry as a bone as the car idles while the driver side venturi is wet. Keep in mind this is happening while I have the air horn off the carb. The car idles fine between 1 1/2 and 3 turns out (no shaking or signs of starvation or running rich smell). I took off the venturi and blasted it with carb cleaner and the fluid came out of the holes (I held it horizontally facing upward so gravity wouldnt give me false readings). Also after taking off the venturi there is fuel filled to the top in both holes for the pick up tubes. Even bliping the throttle its still dry and it slightly bogs, but runs smooth from 1200-3000 rpm. The carb was nasty as hell when I bought it (must have sat for 10 years gas was green and tar like). So I took it apart and dunked it in parts cleaner, but I guess the venturi needs another soaking or is there a vacuum problem with the pick up tube? I hooked up my vacuum gauge and it holds steady at 18. Thanks for any help!

• Sponsors (?)