Autometer Oil Pressure gauge hose

foxbodymike87

Jul 12, 2011
I took an autometer oil pressure gauge out of my chevy truck and i cut the hose that sucks the oil from the engine to the gauge because i couldnt reach the other end of it due to the fact you would have to take the cab off. So my question is can you get another hose from autometer or any parts store or can i make a custom fitting to the end i snipped. Because it looks like a fancy hose.
autometer.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Connect the flex tubing or hydraulic hose to the gauge restrictor. Be sure to route the tubing or hose away from the exhaust manifolds. Be sure to either use hydraulic hose or oil and heat resistant flex tubing for the pressure line. Do not use copper tubing for the connection to the gauge restrictor or engine. Over a period of time, the vibration will work harden the tubing and cause it to crack and fail.

Any place that makes hydraulic lines can make your oil pressure gauge line. They can make just about any kind of line you want.

Be sure to use a gauge restrictor fitting in the pressure line going to the gauge. The restrictor will prevent all of the engine's oil supply from ending up on the pavement before you can stop it if the gauge line fails. I had a gauge line rupture, and the restrictor fitting saved my engine from serious damage.

49295d1172975440-pressure-gauge-line-restrictor-pressure-gauge-flow-restrictor.gif