B50 Sportsman block 327 Stroker

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
how much should i offer.(the s-trim dont come with)

5.0L shortblock, actually a B50 sportsman block, 327 cuin stroker, low compression for Twisted wedge heads. I made 525rwhp with it and an S-Trim

also how much power would it make with out the s-trim?around 325?

• Sponsors (?)

And neither does the twisted wedge heads... It's just a short block... Buying a used short block is like playing Russian Roulette. If you do buy it, make sure it's local so you can see it before you buy it, and make sure to have it freshened by a competent machine shop before using it.

Is it in the car? I wouldn't buy it unless its still in the car, You'll want to run it and listen for any odd noises, Put it under load and see if it smokes or does anything odd, You'll want to do a compression and leakdown test, check all the seals, see the true mileage etc.

Its hard to say what you should offer.. Its also even tougher to find something that you are sure is 100% okay.

yeah its still in his 89 notch. he says i can test drive it before we go any farther with anyhting.

just rebuilt. like very low miles on it. but i dought i will be able to buy it becasue im not sure what he wants yet.

aaron11272 said:
I thought you couldn't have an 8 cyl.

not in my 83.

but in the cobra its all game :)

still my dads car but also mine. it was a i sell my moped i get 49% onwer ship of the car. i took that deal without thought. had the moped sold 2 days later. got 875 for it.

it was my dads car that he drove to school his Senior year and he wants it to be the one i drive too. and so do i. i just hope it will be ready. i really love the look it has. and the fact that its so big :lol:

I like mustang IIs and Cobra IIs but keep in mind that most mustang people dont like them and even fewer non mustang people like them, so dont get bent out of shape if anyone makes fun of it when you drive it to school. There were people who made fun of my car ebcause they throught it was ugly. They were afraid to run me though lol.

795.0pacecar said:
I like mustang IIs and Cobra IIs but keep in mind that most mustang people dont like them and even fewer non mustang people like them, so dont get bent out of shape if anyone makes fun of it when you drive it to school. There were people who made fun of my car ebcause they throught it was ugly. They were afraid to run me though lol.

yeah .

but my dads II has alot of history in it.

i think it will be a tear filled day when my dad gets start that II again. hasent ran in o say. 8 years. hasent been on the road in say 13-14 years. its o so sading