back to 1996 Mustang GT convertible

s197mustangdan

Apr 26, 2006
I have not posted here in a long time....

I now own once again red 1996 Mustang GT convertible... This used to belong to once best friend. His car has been parked in driveway next to my garage for last 5 years with car cover on it.

My ex-wife left me for than best friend who owned this car. In 2006 this Mustang ownership was transferred to my name because he was going bankrupt. I gave him ownership back to him in spring of 2007.

This week I asked ex-wife how much longer this Mustang was to stay at my place... Found out ownership was still in my name ( he never bothered to get it changed back to his name ) I was given the keys to the car and ownership as well as extra parts for car.

Now car needs 4 tires, new intake manifold, new convertible top and brake pads all around. No rust due to rust proofing/undercoating over the years. Guessing should be less than $2000 to get it back on the road.

My daughters boyfriend is a auto mechanic and offered to install all parts needed at no labour cost View attachment 153593 Also will arrange mechanical for car for $50 once new parts are in View attachment 153594

I guess performance wise these 96-98 Mustang GTs are considered a joke next to current Mustangs but I still love convertibles View attachment 153595 Still glad to have a Mustang once again
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

Really weird story. Since you added it I would sell it and find a different one that has nothing to do with your once best friend and ex wife. 96 mustangs are a dime a dozen shouldn't be hard to find or trade. Everyone is looking to trade these days. Just a thought!

This car been in driveway next to my garage for 4 years. Will get it running again, than decide what to do with it. Also checked out used 96 GTs on autotrader and see they sell for average $3500 for convertible in Ontario