bad shifter handle vibration

sspnotcback

Jan 5, 2013
ok people i swapped my aod for a tremec 5-speed shifts great but i have a bad shifter handle vibration.it will vibrate when car is not moving and in neutral and it gets bad at 3k rpm. so with that being said its not the drive shaft.so far i replaced motor mounts,new harmonic balancer,trans mount and its still there. im now thinking maybe i got the wrong flywheel.anyone ever have issues like this before.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a similar thing, although not quite under the same conditions as you. I also recently replaced my rear axle and it's still present. I'm getting ready to swap the clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, and clutch fork in a couple weeks hopefully so if that doesn't fix it then it either has to be the transmission or the driveshaft yoke that slides into the transmission. See my thread below.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...ation-through-shifter-lots-of-details.855074/

yea its very frustrating,if u remember can you please keep me informed if changing the clutch and flywheel help. i hope its not the transmission. it sounds like its coming from the bell housing area. im wondering if i got a 28oz flywheel instead of a 50oz.

That would shake the whole car bad enough to really worry or scare you. I let a Chevy mechanic put the wrong one in when I upgraded to a roller block, and I will never forget it. It was much worse than the just the pedal that shook.

Wrong thread, sorry. But something being out of balance sounds likely. I doubt it is the tranny since it happens in neutral, car not moving. Clutch parts are likely. Make sure your harmonic balancer is the right oz. too.

ok people i swapped my aod for a tremec 5-speed shifts great but i have a bad shifter handle vibration.it will vibrate when car is not moving and in neutral and it gets bad at 3k rpm. so with that being said its not the drive shaft.so far i replaced motor mounts,new harmonic balancer,trans mount and its still there. im now thinking maybe i got the wrong flywheel.anyone ever have issues like this before.
Had the same problem. It turned out to be a worn main shaft
bearing race Had to replace main shaft. Problem solved. One possibility

well i wanted to give a update on the vibration issue,it seems like its getting better which is weird but i forgot i also had the sve upper control arms installed with poly bushings.im wondering if this caused alot of the vibrations it was making. and maybe they are slowly breaking in and getting a little movement in the bushing area.

I have energy urethane motor mounts and sometimes I really notice a big vibration from my stick shift and sometimes it doesn't bother me...I feel like its that hypochondriac, is there something wrong feeling, but then I just rev the hell out of it dump the clutch and remember, oh ya its a V8...lol