Bad wheel hop after switching springs??

One more for the weekend before we start.......I had eibach sportline rear springs in the rear of my 1990 GT and eibach prokit in the front. I also have Lakewood 70/30 front and 50/50's in the rear, and UPR control arms, and a MAC rear girdle and welded axle tubes. The car looked great but because the rear was so low there was no weight transfer and NO traction what so ever. Id start rolling along at like 5 mph in first, punch it and it would spin itself silly all day long. I also have a LX 4cyl car so last night in about 30 minutes I swapped eibachs out for the stock 4 cyl springs. Drove it, and it didnt spin near as much but when it started to grab traction it started wheel hopping REALLY bad.:notnice: I was like **** okay, went home, put the sway bar back on and adjusted the pinion angle via my double adjustable upper arms and drove it today and it's still hoppin. Other than that it hooks good when changing gears. All input is welcome, anyone ever had this problem with 4 cyl springs? Are they just too soft? Help........

• Sponsors (?)

Try getting some adjustable shocks for the rear. I installed the Strange 10 way adjustable on mine and after testing all settings at the track, I had wheel hop in the burnout if I went any lower than the 4th setting. If I keep it above 5, it's fine. Might be a different situation as yours, but I also have the 4 cylinder springs on the back of mine and simply stiffening up the shocks solved the wheel hop.

wheel hop is a combo of problems..

1. Poly bushing set for entire suspension and motor/trans mounts
2. a good set of coils and struts
3. Good rubber and light weight rims help too'

My wheel hop was eliminated once I got tubular control arms. When you take off the quad shocks there is not a lot of weight going to the ground. Anything that increases weight transfer such as sub frame connectors, moving the battery to the back, and loosening up the suspension will help you plant the tires and peel rather than just hop them.

Put the quad shocks back on if you took them off or don’t have them installed.

The quad shocks are a roll of the dice. No matter what the combination of tires, control arms and shocks, some cars will wheel hop without quad shocks and some won't. There are so many variables in 28-13 year old cars with wear, misalignment and combinations of suspension components and tires that one unchanging answer won't work for everyone.

I personally would install them, and make sure they are in good shape. I do know this, that Ford is cheap. If they could have made changes in some simple component like bushings or control arm construction and saved $10, they would have done it. Multiply $10 times all the Fox body Mustangs ever made and you would be almost as rich as Donald Trump. That's a lot of $$$, and good incentive to engineer something to do away with the quad shocks.