Bama Tuner/p0602 Check Engine Code

Polyetrix85

Jun 15, 2016
So I need someone to actually help me with this problem. LONG story short is every time I download a tune onto my 2000 GT. I have a error code. It is the bama tuner from Americanmuscle.com. The Check Engine light is not ON. However when I go to manually check the codes, a P0602 code comes up. P0602 OBD-II Trouble Code: Control Module Programming Error. Somewhere the tune isn't being fully accepted.. and I have no idea how to fix that, or what to look for on fixing this. Someone please help. I have downloaded the tunes in other "helpful" ways or alternatives but it doesn't matter, the code is always there as soon as I put the tune on. When I revert to stock, it isn't there??I mean I can download the tune, turn the key off and instantly go check for that code it'll be there. I do the same thing reverting to stock, that code isn't there. I've went through many tunes and it's always there. I've been reassured that it isn't a big deal but it is a issue because it shouldn't be popping up regardless. It's really frustrating because you spend 400 dollars on something for it to do what it is intended to do.. but it isn't. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If you fixed it, what did you do?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Just wondering. Was the tuner purchased and married to this car/VIN?

Is the PCM currently in the car the original PCM?

>>
P0602 - Control Module Programming Error

This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates programming error within Vehicle ID block (VID).
  • VID data corrupted by the scan tool during VID reprogramming
Using the scan tool, reprogram the VID block. If PCM does not allow reprogramming of the VID block, reflashing PCM will be required.

So I need someone to actually help me with this problem. LONG story short is every time I download a tune onto my 2000 GT. I have a error code. It is the bama tuner from Americanmuscle.com. The Check Engine light is not ON. However when I go to manually check the codes, a P0602 code comes up. P0602 OBD-II Trouble Code: Control Module Programming Error. Somewhere the tune isn't being fully accepted.. and I have no idea how to fix that, or what to look for on fixing this. Someone please help. I have downloaded the tunes in other "helpful" ways or alternatives but it doesn't matter, the code is always there as soon as I put the tune on. When I revert to stock, it isn't there??I mean I can download the tune, turn the key off and instantly go check for that code it'll be there. I do the same thing reverting to stock, that code isn't there. I've went through many tunes and it's always there. I've been reassured that it isn't a big deal but it is a issue because it shouldn't be popping up regardless. It's really frustrating because you spend 400 dollars on something for it to do what it is intended to do.. but it isn't. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If you fixed it, what did you do?
I have been having this exact same issue idk what to do . I put it back to stock and the code is gone I reupload the tune cause the car is way better with the tune but still has the code. This code is causing me to have bad mpg

Anyone ever figure this out? I am having the same problem with my 2004 Mach 1. When I load a custom Bama tune I get the P0602 and the car drives like stock with a race tune. The only answer from Bama so far is "It can take 50 to 150 miles for your car to learn the new tune.". I have an appointment in about a week to get the pcm flashed at the dealer but just wondering if that will help.

Thanks
Greg

1998 Mustang GT I ended up buying 2 different tuners rev-X and x4 both didn't work error! The first one the tech at SCT said I needed the vehicle flashed back to stock, I advised him that it was stock other than changing the engine to a PI engine. So I sent it back to AM. So went to the dealership and had it reflashed to stock, they charged me 65 bucks didn't take 15 minutes. Then I got the x4 same thing gave error different error code than yours called SCT and the tech said I needed to have the vehicle reflashed, I advised him I already had it done and basically they said they could not do anything about it, SCT will just blame it on the vehicle. So no tunes for me either! SCT said that they have software issues they said they there working on it but they didn't know when they would get to it. I had also bought some other mods to bolt on, since you get lifetime tunes. So I sent it all back to AM. SCT said I didn't need the mods that I purchased tuned, that was the whole thing about buying a 400$ tuner, to get the most out of the mods. You can see the whole story on the link below. Hopefully you will be able to make it work!! Good luck!! Neil