Bama x4 tuner error code

I purchased a Bama x4 tuner with custom tunes, for my 98 Mustang GT. When I was installing the tune I get an error code 110B8. I called SCT they said it is an ongoing issue with the tuner not communicating with older vehicles and could not tell me when this will be corrected. Has anyone had the same issue? I connected a battery charger, disconnected the fan, fuel pump, radio and factory amps. Still would not work.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Hello hi! Ive been trying to find someone with the same issue for a month and a half now. They told me to replace my battery and I did, still didn't work. My car is a 2000 Mustang. Does yours say "stock Tune could not upload" or something along the lines of that?

Alright I just called SCT apparently im one of the first to have this issue in late October. Hundreds have the issue now. They said they might have a solution close to the end of the year. When they have a fix they will be calling individual customers

It went to where it says download your custom tune, selected the tune it went to where it shows the percentage of the download and at 0% it showed the error code 110B8. The first time I tried the REV 4 did the same thing. SCT Tuning said I needed to have the car reflashed at the Ford dealership to the stock tune. So I did that and then tried the X4 and it did the same thing as the Rev 4 did. So I am looking for a different tuner any suggestions??

Appreciate the info but I do not have any working PATS keys
The whole point of this is to get two working PATS keys. I found an ebay seller wolfsecurityhardware that have for sale high quality Ford PATS keys. Most importantly for a small additional fee wolfsecurityhardware can cut the new key from a high quality PICTURE of the old key. The ebay seller will guarantee key fitment.

If buying any PATS key from ebay is to make sure that the key is not a clone. It will need to have it's own ID code.

With the ODB2 PATS ODB2 scanner plus license it's possible to delete the old keys and then re-program the new keys.

Ford reflashed the computer that took 30 minutes and that's counting the time the tech moved the car to the shop and back. So there should be no electronics problem! February will be a year for me! How are they going to contact the owners with the problem? Do they have a list?

I talked to them today. They said that they are testing fixes on an in house vehicle they have but no success. I wish they could just roll back the firmware to when it last worked
They are making it seem like it’s impossible. They don’t put anywhere on their website like “don’t update your X4s, the update is screwed up”. It’s their mess up so I want to know what they’re gonna do about it. Haha

This has been going on since last February for me!! I tried the Rev-4 and the X4 same results! They don't put on the website that it may work or might not work on your vehicle!! The product says direct fit which to me means that it WILL work on your vehicle. Not buy it and see if it will work for your vehicle!

Now let me tell you the first time, short version!! Received the tuner about 2 weeks after purchased, and gave the error code, called SCT Tuning several times, and after all the checks, they advised me when I was using the tuner on the vehicle, to get as close to the wifi signal as I could with end 10' of the router I questioned that part since the tuner is mobile, but he insisted, what do I know, Ok the days waiting for the tuner I installed a new brick pavers for a sidewalk to the house. So to get close to the wifi signal, I had remove the pavers to get to the signal. SCT also said to disconnect the radiator fan, stereo, amps, fuel pump and connect a battery charger to the car. No that work either. So if Ford can reflash the car to stock in 15 minutes, why don't it work!! No the pavers didn't get moved back waiting on SCT Tuning!!!!

Last Tuesday a rep from SCT called me if I could send in my device for further testing and that I would receive a shipping label via email. No email. Followed up on Wednesday and was told I should get it that day and nothing. Tired of the bs so I bought a non updated x4 to get my car going.