Barely to no spark at coil

miller92063

Oct 12, 2005
Nebraska
I have been dealing with this for some time now and I'm getting tired of it. Need help on figuring out why I have just a little to no spark at the coil. I am now officialy lost. Any help is appreciated.
Coil tested good tried disconnecting MSD. nothing.

• Sponsors (?)

It's better and more reliable to use a spark tester, or at least ground a plug and watch the spark jump the plug gap. A spark can jump a wide gap but if it's not blue, it's useless.

If you get a no-spark condition, put a test light across the two electrical wires to the coil. If the test light flashes while cranking but you have no spark leaving the coil, the coil is suspect.

Good luck.

Haven't had the car running in a couple months.:scratch:
The main battery ground-just moved the ground spot to a bolt on the timing cover

The smaller one from the block to the frame- looks OLD should probly replace that one.

The timing cover ground can lead to poor conductivity (galvanic corrosion).

I totally agree with adding extra ground pathways.

I just replaced/added rounds to the car and the @#$%er still won't run. I'm starting to get pissed.

Anyone with any thoughts, please help.

If a lack of spark or weak spark is your only issue (if your grounding pathways were bad, the starter would not turn over decently), see post 5 again. This will reliably test your coil.