Bassani Header/exhaust rattle help

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
Ive been trying to track down this rattle for weeks. Im finally closer to narrowing it down. I was under the car yesterday banging around with a rubber mallet. If i bang near the passanger side collector, i get kind of a vibration/something is loose sound. But on the Driver side, its a nice solid thud, nothing sounds like its loose/vibrating. Ive checked all the bolts and they all seem tight. The rattle only happens when im driving so its hard to pinpoint when im under the car even while its running. The rattle its also independent of RPM, it keeps the same pace no matter how fast i'm going and going over bumps doesnt affect it either.

Anybody got any suggestions or know of any common probs that seem to cause a rattle near the headers?

• Sponsors (?)

Um do you have an H pipe or X-pipe? I think the problem, if you have them, is the cat on the side with the rattling is shot. What your hearing if you have cats, is the inside ceramic plate, which has broken, banging around inside. Had a similar problem/noise on my f150. It you don't have cats then hope you find the problem.

Um do you have an H pipe or X-pipe? I think the problem, if you have them, is the cat on the side with the rattling is shot. What your hearing if you have cats, is the inside ceramic plate, which has broken, banging around inside. Had a similar problem/noise on my f150. It you don't have cats then hope you find the problem.

I wish it was that easy, but i have an O/R X pipe. Thanks though.