battery relocation kit install

mustang35thann

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am about to install a Steeda battery relocation kit in a 99 mustang GT vert. I am planning on installing a Moroso switch with the push/pull kit so I can keep the switch hidden. I want to keep the show quality as much as possible. I was wondering two things:

1) How did everyone tie in the positive leads in the engine compartment?
2) Where did everyone install their switches?

Thanks for all your help
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

I actually finished my install tonight. I used a 120 Amp circuit breaker to make the connection under the hood. I picked up a breaker and four - 4 ga. connectors for the 2 original negatives and the 2 original positives you will need to connect for $25.00 from the local stereo shop.

I usually only drive my car once a month for a couple of miles so the breaker allows me to turn the power off and save my battery while my car sits.

Attachments

• Breaker (2).jpg
    Breaker (2).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Breaker Installed (2).jpg
    Breaker Installed (2).jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 437
I connected it to the orginal bolt that holds the battery tray in place. I took a drimel and grinded the paint of to make a solid connection.

Two things that I had problems with: I used and existing hole in the fire wall which had a negative wire and grommet already in place. I pushed the grommet out of the firewall but couldn't get the new grommet back in because of the wire size and the existing ground wire. I filled the hole with alot of silicone caulk to keep the wire from rubbing on the metal. I also used and existing bolt on the back of the truck to connect the new ground from the battery. I had to go back and grind more paint off of the bolt to make a good connection. I didn't have a good connection when I orgininally finished. I can send you pics tonight if you would like. This site also helped answer a few questions I had.

http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/UPR.html