Battery Relocation Kit

• Sponsors (?)

SuperDust22 said:
I am more worried about the acutal tray/housing/box that it is going to be in.

Dustin

I bought a Moroso box and it was a real nice box but it's BIG! I ended up sealing my trunk and using a 92-96 F150 battery tray. If I didn't have my roll bar in the way it wouldn't have been a problem. The Moroso box was the smallest and decent quality.

Yes I had the Moroso box. If you want a sealed box it looks like the best box and it's the smallest. It should work fine if you don't have anything else in your trunk to interfear.

kck6894 said:
Yes I had the Moroso box. If you want a sealed box it looks like the best box and it's the smallest. It should work fine if you don't have anything else in your trunk to interfear.
and it should fit with the optima? and no nothing in the trunk right now!Dustin

I bought the kit from taylor, came with everything i needed and it has worked great. I also really like the look of the box. That being said, if your on a budget (aren't we all), piecing it together can be cheaper. There is a company called mad electric or something of that nature that sells everything you need.

Moroso's unit is NHRA and IHRA cerified. Taylor is only NHRA certified.

I'd go with the Moroso for the above reason, cause man it would suck to go to the track and not be able to run because you used the wrong battery box.

- Adam

I like the box with the UPR kit, but the cables suck! I would suggest one the Taylor(?) kits from summit because they're basically the same as the UPR kit, but with better cables.

i didn't even use the ground cable from the upr kit. i took the factory ground cable from the engine compartment and used it in the trunk, i ran the ground through the floor to a bolt on the frame. the positive cable wasn't that bad, ran it through the carpet to the underhood fuse box. as far as i'm concerned upr makes some pretty ****ty products.

BaXTeR3221 said:
I bought the kit from taylor, came with everything i needed and it has worked great. I also really like the look of the box. That being said, if your on a budget (aren't we all), piecing it together can be cheaper. There is a company called mad electric or something of that nature that sells everything you need.

I have also heard good things about the Taylor kit. If you arent planning on doing any IHRA racing, it should do fine.