Battery Relocation Kits, Talk To Me Goose...

Battery boxes look like ass regardless what they are made of? Why not just buy the right battery and solve that with the brackets that are already out there.
image.jpeg

This was where the Odessey battery lived in the red car. Couldve mounted it anywhere, any angle. The brackets are purchase-able already made, and the battery is sealed..no venting required. ( I love this engine compartment,..gives my inspiration to do something similar on the current car.)
I also ran 1.0 cables inside the car on the current project for both 12v and ground, so that I could provide battery ground to the engine and ecu.
image.jpeg

Easy enough to route it along the inside rocker to the front of the car.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Battery boxes look like ass regardless what they are made of? Why not just buy the right battery and solve that with the brackets that are already out there.
image.jpeg

This was where the Odessey battery lived in the red car. Couldve mounted it anywhere, any angle. The brackets are purchase-able already made, and the battery is sealed..no venting required. ( I love this engine compartment,..gives my inspiration to do something similar on the current car.)
I also ran 1.0 cables inside the car on the current project for both 12v and ground, so that I could provide battery ground to the engine and ecu.
image.jpeg

Easy enough to route it along the inside rocker to the front of the car.
I’m looking to grab an Odessey myself, you like them ? I need something with some real deal cranking amps the parts store stuff isn’t cutting it.

Taylor box powdercoated . 2/0 ga welding cable . Solid state battery cut off .

Right lower corner of the plate in the screw hole is the switch.

A4C941F1-9FA1-4D31-BCD6-2967EBF52E70.jpeg
387A379A-E329-46E2-9ADC-0FC50DA88FC2.jpeg
I’m back!! Gotta bug you on this older thread. So I really want to do this and I think the box you have was a little smaller slightly and I have a hatch to which i want it tucked in the right hand corner near the tail lights VS tucked up against the rear passenger fold down seat. This is the box you mean ruined I believe, and I would think 15ft of cable would be plenty, I’m not sure if I need the battery cutoff switch but I like this one. I’m really not sure what one needs to look for bc what I thought was just a simple switch, turns into there is a whole crap load of different options with different ratings.
68774733-26CA-4AD0-B2C3-4AFCFE3051C2.png
B8316B03-B1E2-4364-B570-581942450095.png
C8551389-BE16-4CB5-8E31-F880B2747135.png

Ha, it's funny this got bumped up... I was just thinking I need to finish this. I've got my box installed in the trunk but never ran the cables I have so it's not relocated yet, just been too hot down here for me to be motivated to finish this.

I’m back!! Gotta bug you on this older thread. So I really want to do this and I think the box you have was a little smaller slightly and I have a hatch to which i want it tucked in the right hand corner near the tail lights VS tucked up against the rear passenger fold down seat. This is the box you mean ruined I believe, and I would think 15ft of cable would be plenty, I’m not sure if I need the battery cutoff switch but I like this one. I’m really not sure what one needs to look for bc what I thought was just a simple switch, turns into there is a whole crap load of different options with different ratings.
68774733-26CA-4AD0-B2C3-4AFCFE3051C2.png
B8316B03-B1E2-4364-B570-581942450095.png
C8551389-BE16-4CB5-8E31-F880B2747135.png
I went through this a few weeks ago. I bought my switch prior to doing a lot of research. I would make sure your switch has 4 posts. 2 for positive wire. Then 2 for alt shut off to turn car off by switch. If you do it how I did, and only run the 2 post , your car will stay on if you turn the switch off while it’s running. Have the 4 post allows you to run wires to the alt and turn off power to kill the engine.

The wire worked that’s what I used. I got the plastic box from summit vs a metal box. My car sits in my driveway and I don’t have tinted windows. Figured heat would be an issue there. The plastic box fit nicely and I just drilled holes for the wires and vent tube, sealed around them with gasket maker.

I also used a 200 amp circuit breaker to mount on the box. I also got posts to mount to the firewall for my connections because I ran a few relays for my head/foglights and some custom stuff inside. The starter solenoid was getting full.

Everything seems to be good.