Battle Box Question

At what power lever should some one do battle boxes. I would think it would be more to do with the 60ft. and how hard you are hitting the tires. As of now I am doing 1.70 in the 60ft. with a PG. Pulled 4 degrees out of the motor to take some power out of the motor to keep it under 12 flat. We can only go that fast in the street class that I have the car in. I hope some one with experiance can help with the question. If a friend of a friend told you something or you only saw it on the internet, save you time and let some one with experiance answer the question. Its in a 83 hatch with sub frame welded on already. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

[Anyone] doing track work should have battle boxes, including stock 190 HP Mustangs.

They're also recommended for anyone not doing track work but hopefully those that are swapping control arms are doing their homework like you are.

I've personally torn torque boxes on a sub 300hp mustang. Actually, tore the floor, too. Formed an x shaped tear where the transmission tunnel meets the bottom of the rear seat. Not fun.

All foxes need torque box reinforcement in my opinion. If you drive it hard at all reinforce them.

Reactions: 1 user