BBK Cold Air Intake

joagaro

Aug 9, 2006
I'm looking to purchase a CAI for my stock 2000 GT. BBK has a kit that puts the air filter down in the front fender (Part # BBK1718). Can anybody comment on this unit. Specifically, how close to the ground is the air filter mounted, and are there any issues sucking in water during heavy rain or puddles. Thanks for the input.

• Sponsors (?)

There are no problems with it being to low to the ground or sucking in water. I had one on my 00 GT and didnt have any issues with it. However, as much as you probably dont want to hear it, it will probably only add probably 2hp (primarily because of the high flow air filter). I took mine off and sold it on ebay and never looked back.

Thanks for the response, would you recommend another intake or is simply replacing the stock air filter with a high flow one enough? My plan was to add an Accufab throttle body and intake plenum at the same time. Is any of this worth the money?

I read that JLT has a good product but most of the guys here recommend you
do that upgrade after you do the plenum or at the same time. My understanding is the Stock CAI with just a K&N cone is god till that time.