BBK Shorty Headers

Yeah long tubes were the first thing i though when i read the thread. But let the man enjoy his new additon. Yeah there not as good, but don't burn the guy. People always be hating no matter what it is.

No. Flowmaster have, and always will sound the best. Borla's really nice, but still no match

Well he asked our opinions...facts are facts, the most you will see from short headers is 1-2rwhp thats why everyone goes longtubes.

• Sponsors (?)

But considering the cost of labor and the amount of time to put in long tubes, I would have been better off just throwing in some rear end gears, leaving the stock manifolds in and then getting it tuned. The mid pipe shouldn't be an issue it's a pypes O/R X. I mean what's a pypes O/R X versus a BBK off road X or a Magnaflow O/R X!?!?!? not restrictive in any way!!! I'm just gunna go with it for now. Mildy Modded. this is what I have so far

BBK Ceramic coated shorties
Pypes O/R X
Custom Catback
Flowmaster original 40s

Ford Racing aluminim driveshaft
Pro 5.0 short throw shifter

Steeda Cold Air Intake
Steeda Pulley Kit
Accufab 70mm throttlebod/plenum

other than that, it's stock

mabey tuning it will get me a few more ponies

It is what is!!!

But considering the cost of labor and the amount of time to put in long tubes, I would have been better off just throwing in some rear end gears, leaving the stock manifolds in and then getting it tuned. The mid pipe shouldn't be an issue it's a pypes O/R X. I mean what's a pypes O/R X versus a BBK off road X or a Magnaflow O/R X!?!?!? not restrictive in any way!!! I'm just gunna go with it for now. Mildy Modded. this is what I have so far

BBK Ceramic coated shorties
Pypes O/R X
Custom Catback
Flowmaster original 40s

Ford Racing aluminim driveshaft
Pro 5.0 short throw shifter

Steeda Cold Air Intake
Steeda Pulley Kit
Accufab 70mm throttlebod/plenum

other than that, it's stock

mabey tuning it will get me a few more ponies

It is what is!!!

Yea and at-least you got the ceramic coated headers, that way you are keeping engine-bay temps down, plus they do look cool! Plus if you ever get a blower im sure those headers, shorties or not, will be good for some extra power.

yup winters is right i do have my crap manifokds for sale, however to add some more to the replys, if i had the money yes i wouldve bought l/t. due to finances and time i opted for the shortys. though they dont make much power, they sound awesome with my set up (o/r-x, mac mufflers, and full 2.5in exhaust). my take on making it louder would be some lm1s or single chamber flowmasters. though the shortys do sound quiter at idle then manifolds, they scream 2500 and above.

well I think I'm going to have my mechanic re-install my original manifolds. My 04 Mustang GT only has 6,900 miles on it, yup 6,900. I have played many times over the videos i took with my digital camera and compared the manifolds to the shorty BBK headers, def like the stock manifolds better sound wise, a bit louder. And Like I said, I think Flowmaster are the muffler sound experts. I also wonder if anyone know the difference in sound between an off road X pipe and an off road H pipe.

well I think I'm going to have my mechanic re-install my original manifolds. My 04 Mustang GT only has 6,900 miles on it, yup 6,900. I have played many times over the videos i took with my digital camera and compared the manifolds to the shorty BBK headers, def like the stock manifolds better sound wise, a bit louder. And Like I said, I think Flowmaster are the muffler sound experts. I also wonder if anyone know the difference in sound between an off road X pipe and an off road H pipe.

Dude just get longtubes and get it over with, quiter at idle, like a nascar up top, plus you're actually gaining significant power with them...

X pipe = more of a raspy/nascar sound
H pipe = more of a deep/muscle-car sound

I would not worry about switching them out at this point. It's literally money down the drain unless you are swapping them for longtubes and a matching midpipe.

Another thing to keep in mind; although short-tube headers don't make much if any PEAK power, it is likely that they will make power elsewhere in the RPM range that outperforms the factory manifolds. As in, say you were making 200hp at 3500RPM on stock manifolds (just making this up), with the shorties being more efficient you may be making 210 at the same RPM with the shorties.

That's not a GIVEN, but that's how a lot of mods work sometimes. You just may not see any peak power gains with them. But shorties are still a gimmick and longtubes are where its at.

BurnedRubber you are right. But the damage is done. I'm gunna stick with the shorties for now, they cost me 368 which was a sale price from the original 409.99 then 400 to install. better keep em in and get the thing tuned. that in it self will make the car run different then the car running on the stock computer configuirations like it is now, even with the bolt on mods I have done. My goal is to have the car loud even at idle. I really like the sound of flowmaster 40s, but I want then loud even at idle. cams ehhh mabey when I get the car paid off and don't have a car pmnt!!! 2004 with 6900 miles isn't bad at all!!!

Well folks This Post Should now be considered Closed!!! I have the official responce to my issue from BBK themselves, it is as follows:

"The flow going through your headers is much greater than the stocfk
exhaust manifolds, so the end result is that the exhaust comng out is
smoother and less noisy.

It's like breathing really. If you breathe out with your mouth wide open
it's quiet. But if you close your mouth way down it becomes audible, and
if you close it almost all the way then you are whistling...."

:rlaugh:

Well folks This Post Should now be considered Closed!!! I have the official responce to my issue from BBK themselves, it is as follows:

"The flow going through your headers is much greater than the stocfk
exhaust manifolds, so the end result is that the exhaust comng out is
smoother and less noisy.

It's like breathing really. If you breathe out with your mouth wide open
it's quiet. But if you close your mouth way down it becomes audible, and
if you close it almost all the way then you are whistling...."

:rlaugh:

Well they got it almost partially right... it is smoother flow to a small degree.