Been gone awhile....race question

CivicEater

Jan 29, 2004
Hey guys I have been gone for a few months (beach) and I got in an arguement with my cocky neighbor. He is an older guy mabye 45 or 50 and he has a newer Z3 with the "supercharger package" other than that it is bone stock. This guy has never driven a race in his life but this is his mid life crisis car I guess and he has always been the most arrogant a$$ of a guy but now he has spent the whole summer down at the beach talking up a big game about how he "has raced soooo many 5.0's and always won by dozens of car lengths" .... I wanna laugh and slap him at the same time. H esaid he would put 2500 up against 200 from me that he would win. I am not looking for money or a race just to throw him a reality check. what do these things run? It is bone stock and I am sure he has never had a real race in his life.. Thanks guys.....
PS we havent raced yet because I didnt bring my car down here and neither did he.

• Sponsors (?)

I have no idea what a supercharged one would run. I have raced a red Z4 like three times and beat it by like 3 to 4 car lengths after about 100. That would be a big check to win. I would want to see and learn more about before I raced for money. Let us know what happens.

Dustin

active autowerke is the only people i know that make a supercharger for the z3 and if its a newer 3.0l than it will only put out about 280 at the wheels. If its a m roadster than look around 80+ horsepower than that. With your h/c/i and a good launch you should wail on him. Take the $2500 and run.

Jeremy