Before you even think about talking down to a Fox 5.0 302 Engine...

• Sponsors (?)

CarMichael Angelo

Nobody appreciates me..I'm gonna cut my ear off
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
The fact that the 5.0 in your 2300 lb kit car doesn't overheat, and that the factory 225 hp was enough to "whoop" up on a car that was easily 1000 pounds heavier, leaves me still wondering about the title..

How does any of that relate to how great a 5.0 engine is?

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
He thinks you're being a smart ass, and dogging his photo. And I think he doesn't like how you spelled god.
Ahhhh, I’m a little slow at times.

@Real time recon , no disrespect meant. I love your car and I thought the photo was great.

I’m just being a dumbass redneck in that previous comment. It was meant as redneck for, “really nice photo”.

CarMichael Angelo

SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Ahhhh, I’m a little slow at times.

@Real time recon , no disrespect meant. I love your car and I thought the photo was great.

I’m just being a dumbass redneck in that previous comment. It was meant as redneck for, “really nice photo”.
Now Dave.....This isn't a time for self deprication...I understood what you meant with the comment..Besides, the picture itself is open to interpretation

American flag,.....British car.......with a big man jammed inside it.
No wait..that's not right..
American flag.....American fiberglass copy of a British car....with a big guy still jammed inside it.

See,.....easy to get confused..

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
I have 'beat up' on several new cars around here with my 5.0 mostly because the newer stuff weight a :poo: ton. and they were like 6 cly cars with fat guys at the wheel :hide:
I remember reading about the new challenger tips in at like 4300lbs!

CarMichael Angelo

SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Cutting through the BS here.... The Numbers don't lie .
H.P. -345.
Weight-2,200 pounds.
Trans-Manual.
Rear wheel drive.
Tell me what the readout is, in Zero to 60 :)
>> https://www.carspecs.us/calculator/0-60
And as stated,...That is all predicated on zero tire spin. So,...far from actual.
I'd imagine a car that didn't weigh anything with 350 HP would probably spin the rear tires pretty hard, especially considering having to deal with a clutch off the line. Tire spin equates to lost time, so in this case,...the numbers lie.

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Were you around VA Saturday ? Saw a car like that near my house...same color and top.