Before you even think about talking down to a Fox 5.0 302 Engine...

Real time recon

Mustang Master
Aug 21, 2016

Inside my "insulate Garage" today....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

The fact that the 5.0 in your 2300 lb kit car doesn't overheat, and that the factory 225 hp was enough to "whoop" up on a car that was easily 1000 pounds heavier, leaves me still wondering about the title..

How does any of that relate to how great a 5.0 engine is?

He thinks you're being a smart ass, and dogging his photo. And I think he doesn't like how you spelled god.
Ahhhh, I’m a little slow at times.

@Real time recon , no disrespect meant. I love your car and I thought the photo was great.

I’m just being a dumbass redneck in that previous comment. It was meant as redneck for, “really nice photo”.

Ahhhh, I’m a little slow at times.

@Real time recon , no disrespect meant. I love your car and I thought the photo was great.

I’m just being a dumbass redneck in that previous comment. It was meant as redneck for, “really nice photo”.
Now Dave.....This isn't a time for self deprication...I understood what you meant with the comment..Besides, the picture itself is open to interpretation

American flag,.....British car.......with a big man jammed inside it.
No wait..that's not right..
American flag.....American fiberglass copy of a British car....with a big guy still jammed inside it.

See,.....easy to get confused..

I have 'beat up' on several new cars around here with my 5.0 mostly because the newer stuff weight a :poo: ton. and they were like 6 cly cars with fat guys at the wheel :hide:
I remember reading about the new challenger tips in at like 4300lbs!

Cutting through the BS here.... The Numbers don't lie .
H.P. -345.
Weight-2,200 pounds.
Trans-Manual.
Rear wheel drive.
Tell me what the readout is, in Zero to 60 :)
>> https://www.carspecs.us/calculator/0-60
And as stated,...That is all predicated on zero tire spin. So,...far from actual.
I'd imagine a car that didn't weigh anything with 350 HP would probably spin the rear tires pretty hard, especially considering having to deal with a clutch off the line. Tire spin equates to lost time, so in this case,...the numbers lie.