bent cam???

331Pony said:
he is still using stock heads, a real basic rebuild if i remember. lack of funds.

i highly doubt a 300+ dollar custom cam is a good choice at this point.
It's all gotta start somewhere. If he's going to swap out the cam, chances are that heads, intake and others are in the future as well. Might as well do it right the first time, since swapping out a smallblock OHV cam isn't the most fun or easiest thing to do twice.

• Sponsors (?)

you know it was wvery tough to get my f cam in the block when it was new ... does this cam go in all the way and not spin? Or does it not fit all the way in? well if it doesnt fit all the way in push on it while rotating it 360% it will go in . if it just doesnt spin while flush in the motor throw that P.O.S. away. Ihighly dought you bent or did ne damage to that cam there made to with stand alot of punishment .. good luck

well today i showed my dad, i stuck the stock one in, spins good.

stuck the B cam in, it spins now, the stock cam has that little pin sticking out, and the b cam didnt have one, so i took that bolt for the timing chain and hooked it up and got leverage and the cam spins quite nicely now.

i couldnt get enough leverage to spin it before

so its good.

Like Everyone else says ditch the cam and get a new one and DONT TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX UNTIL YOUR ABSOLUTLY READY TO PUT IT IN THE ENGINE. Chalk this first cam up as expereince not to put a object that will roll on a bench unatennded. :nono:

Foxfan88 said:
well today i showed my dad, i stuck the stock one in, spins good.

stuck the B cam in, it spins now, the stock cam has that little pin sticking out, and the b cam didnt have one, so i took that bolt for the timing chain and hooked it up and got leverage and the cam spins quite nicely now.

i couldnt get enough leverage to spin it before

so its good.

mine never came with the pin your speaking of either just get a pair of vise grips and pull the one off yer stocker

I am willing to bet he didnt get it all the way on the last bearing in the back of the block thats why it didnt spin at frist. I had the same way but I had the oil pan off and just reached up and pushed it up just a little bit and it slid right in. The cam falling off the table though would still make me REALLY wonder when frist start up happens. :stick: