bent pushrods to hell!! help!!!! mystery engine

dannydoo

Sep 10, 2004
I actually have a motor from i dont know what...i think its 91?

it has 9e?? heads
b cam
1.7 roller rockers

the old owner bent the old pushrods by tightning them wrong,and im trying to figure out what pushrods to use.

i was going to put stock rockers on..but the roller rockers are stud mounted,so the holes where the old stock rockers were tapped out to wayy bigger size than the stock bolts that hole the stock rockers in.

and this is in a 94 i picked up...i cant believe it ran with 4 pushrods bent so bad,they wouldnt roll across the table...and 4 more that were warped to hell.
the 4 bad ones looked like a bow...bow and arrow ...

help.............................

• Sponsors (?)

i dont think the pushrods bent from overtightning as the hydro lifters would give or springs would compress b4 bending a rod, wither bad guides or you had some piston to valve clearence issues. i would pull atleast one of the heads off, inspect the valves then clay the pistons to find out how much clearence you have

urban96 said:
i dont think the pushrods bent from overtightning as the hydro lifters would give or springs would compress b4 bending a rod, wither bad guides or you had some piston to valve clearence issues. i would pull atleast one of the heads off, inspect the valves then clay the pistons to find out how much clearence you have

Thats a good point, i was thinking it had to be more to cause it.

urban96 said:
btw FMS sells hardend stock length pushrods for around $40

Thats the hot ticket:Word: