best bang-for-the-buck supercharger for a 306

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
vortech, procharger, powerdyne, paxton, ford racing......which one?

im doing a 306 and possibly thinking about a charger. nothing real crazy, just a 6-8 psi. whats my best bet? what kind of power gains will i see? what kind of money will i be looking at?

visited summit and the avg kit is about $2500. cheaper would be better...

open for suggestions guys-

(and yea, id like to have one that makes alot of racket)

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

poneypower89 said:
My Vortech SC-Trim cost just $1,700, makes one hell of a racket, and is capable of 12+ psi... Have had it for a year now with no problems at all... anything else you could want :shrug:

i like racket :D

whats your setup and what kind of power are you making?
where did you get that kit?

also, some of the "sq" kits from vortech....they call them the super quiet kits. are they really that quiet?

thanks

fiveoho said:
i like racket :D

whats your setup and what kind of power are you making?
where did you get that kit?

also, some of the "sq" kits from vortech....they call them the super quiet kits. are they really that quiet?

thanks

Set-up is exactly whats in my sig... running at just 6psi.
I got the kit from Cool Blue Performance on eBay. (they also have a shop and a website).

The sq kits are quieter... but still very noticeable. They are also closer to teh S-trim than SC-trim

I have no idea what power Im making... I can drive 45 mph in 2nd, put the gas down and still go sideways laying rubber. (on new BF Goodwrench Traction T/As) :shrug:

Take it for what you will I guess.

I got my powerdyne from summit for 1599 plus got 100 summit bucks to use later. That was the 6lb. kit. with the 6lb. pulley and the 4" power pipe I made I was seeing about 7lbs of boost at 6200 rpms on my factory tach. My only power numbers were from the original tune which was a very safe tune that i continued to tweek. On a mustang dyno it was 265hp and 300tq. what that would be on a dynojet im not sure. the track runs in my sig were made with the 6lb pulley on. My internal drive belt broke one time and while it was being repaired I had a 9lb pulley put on. Now im making 10lbs at 6000rpms and my new power numbers are in my sig.