Electrical Best Braille Battery for Fox Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

Keep your Optimas charged with a battery minder that desulfates and you will not have the issues. Red top in my Mustang is over 7 years old and zero issues.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Every battery brand has had its share of good and bad ones from what I have seen.... I used to hate Exide as the brand new one I purchased for my lowrider had a bad cell that took the parts place, where I purchased it, testing each cell with a hydrometer to find it as it did not show up in any other tests..
Slow starting, dim instrument lights and it made my stereo act up..... What a difference when I got a new one....

The Rural King one I purchased for the mustang is made by exide so......... Great price.... LOL....

I've had one battery explode on me, way back when I did AAA work so, no I won't tell how far back but batteries were no longer made of wood. I've dealt with thousands if not more, batteries and one, I repeat, ONE and the truth be known, I was prolly do'n something sketchy :doh:

Maybe it’s not the batteries….:runaway:
Yea.... looking for a common thread.... :hide:

I've had several that the cases swelled, but only one explode on me. And that was my fault... was prying on the terminal with a screwdriver when, apparently, I shorted something out inside the case... and boom. Thankfully got lucky tho... no damage to the car, myself or my buddy... easily could have been a different outcome tho. Lesson learned!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Never heard of Braille Batteries until I saw this thread. But I have a Die Hard AGM battery in my truck just for the vibration resistance properties. I've never had a lead acid battery blow up on me either in >35 years of playing with cars. I've seen acid damage on some cars but never seen anything first hand. I wonder what the circumstances were that lead (no pun intended) to +/-10 batteries exploding for you?